2014 Super Swap - sign up now!

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Re: 2014 Super Swap - sign up now!

Post by QueenBex »

blackmageheart wrote:
QueenBex wrote:I keep thinking about taking part in these swaps but I'm just afraid of disappointing anyone...
Sign up for the mini tier and give it a go. You got four months to make small things and I highly doubt anyone would be disappointed! :D
Ok, but what are the rules for the mini tier? does it have to be a certain size then?

And If I don't finish the form today, the next chance I'll have will be Tuesday 3rd, (my birthday!!!)
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

no_need
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by no_need »

Ahh, why not - I'm in for the mini swap :)
Current projects: 'Heroes' sketch, experiments with surface embroidery.

"We have to build the republic of heaven where we are, because for us there is no elsewhere."
--Philip Pullman, The Amber Spyglass

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

arkani wrote:*imagines loony old matchmaker lady BMH pottering around with a few hundred photos on every imaginable surface, muttering to herself about who is best for who, shuffling photos around to potential matches*
HAVE YOU BEEN IN MY HOUSE? STAY OUT!
QueenBex wrote:Ok, but what are the rules for the mini tier? does it have to be a certain size then?
I will explain all the rules on Swap Day One but yes, mini tier will be smaller items. For example, you might make a set of magnets or a 5x7 stitched picture, or a small fimo model, or a little dolly...*shuffles off to the matchmaking table*
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Hmmmm.

Should I? I missed the last couple swaps because I have been so busy. I really, really want to though. I love seeing people try to figure out the quilt I make and hope it is for them. ;)

HornyPig
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by HornyPig »

Sounds great... but i would love to see some exemples of mini and mega..

DuckyBelkins
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by DuckyBelkins »

One year for a Mega I made several magnets, a few bookmarks, and a mousepad. I got a bag in return (I still use it!)

For a Mini I made several Sailor Moon magnets that fit the 5x7 requirements.
Image Image Image Image

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

HornyPig wrote:Sounds great... but i would love to see some exemples of mini and mega..
Mini swap round ups:
2013 - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14559
2011 - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4519

Mega swap round up:
2012 - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6029

stitchingmama
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by stitchingmama »

I signed up for the mini swap, unfortunately my work is in crisis mode so I'm afraid to commit to the mega swap.
"I need to feel your cross stitch. Feels like 8-bit" - my three year old

BigDaddyWiz
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by BigDaddyWiz »

Awwwww snap! One of the reasons I joined this forum was for the swaps! Now that sign-ups are here I find myself nervous like some others. I know I'll be worried the whole time about whether or not my recipient will like the swap gift :worried:. Maybe I too will just test the swapping waters with with the mini for my first go (although I feel I have the time for the big....Oh decisions!). In the meantime I'll take a look at the survey.

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

BigDaddyWiz -> I wouldn't be too worried about it! I did the mini swap last year and I was pretty worried that I would disappoint my giftee but she was very pleased with her gift (or, at least, acted that way lolol)! I think most people will be happy just to get something from their swap partner (I even said as much on my survey after reading so many people being nervous about it). I think the main point of this is to have fun and feel good knowing you brightened someone's day with your gifts. We all love to get stuff in the mail that isn't bills, after all!