Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

APR/MAY Challenge - Dragons!

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
BeadedImagination
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: APR/MAY Challenge - Dragons!

Post by BeadedImagination »

I'm almost done with my entry, I swear!! I love all yinz'z work n'at! I LOVE all the entries!!! :clapping:
~Steph~

Miss Clawful
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Miss Clawful »

While I had been stitching my 3rd and final entry for this and was aiming to complete it by end of challenge, I'm not going to worry about it anymore, 2 is enough. My problem, when I get to doing something I go a little overboard with it, anything it be (not just the stitching). I've stressed myself out too many times, and after a while totally burn myself out because of it, so while I only got a little over a thousand stitches left on this final piece that I was doing for this challenge, I'm going to slow down and take my time, I need it. Still, these challenges are great motivators and I enjoy seeing what everyone else stitches (or other type of crafts), even for the ones I don't take part in.

BeadedImagination
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Just in time *whew*
Yoshi should count as a dragon. I think Yoshi counts as a dragon. Yoshi counts as a dragon, right?? Lol. This is called "Yoshi Evolutions". Enjoy :)
~Steph~
ETA: I dunno why the crimps on the end picked up as gold. All my findings are silver lol :blush:
Spoiler
2014_05-30_yoshi.jpg
2014_05-30_yoshi.jpg (161.91 KiB) Viewed 5094 times
Last edited by BeadedImagination on Fri May 30, 2014 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

stitchingmama
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by stitchingmama »

BeadedImagination wrote:Just in time *whew*
Yoshi should count as a dragon. I think Yoshi counts as a dragon. Yoshi counts as a dragon, right?? Lol. This is called "Yoshi Evolutions". Enjoy :)
~Steph~
I'd wear that! It's really cute. If Yoshi isn't a dragon then he's a dinosaur which is basically a dragon anyways.
"I need to feel your cross stitch. Feels like 8-bit" - my three year old

BeadedImagination
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

stitchingmama wrote:
I'd wear that! It's really cute. If Yoshi isn't a dragon then he's a dinosaur which is basically a dragon anyways.
Aww thankee :) Honestly, he was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the theme :yoshi

~Steph~

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

After rearranging my commission schedule and completing a 2 month quilt in 2 1/2 weeks I present my submission:

This is a queen sized quilt made with tiny tiny squares. It has high quality blenders and batiks with a Black Kona Cotton backing. It is of course from the game Secret of Mana.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

More wonderful entries! Good work everyone!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

Some really cool entries :D
blackmageheart wrote:Love it kuja!
About your spoiler'd info - that's a shame! I got tons of BoF resources and was going to do a dragon from 3, but didn't find time.
Yeah, I love the style of BoF4 but they made the dragons all 3D (this was at the end of the PS1's life) so they look like doggy barf compared to the rest of the game which is beatifully smooth pixel art.
RMDC wrote:Oh, Flygon, how I love your STAB EQ and your excellent typing. Dragon resists goshdarn everything (well, until Fairy), and Ground gets you Rock resistance and Electric immunity, both invaluable. Of course you take 4x damage from Ice Beam, but if you don't have something on your team that can soak an Ice Beam, you don't deserve your Flygon anyway. :P

IOW - I love it, kuja, and the blending filament came through fine - I spotted it before I read the text. :)
Yay! And yes it's typing is awesome for gameplay but there is another dragon/ground pokemon (Gachomp)... and I really want a bug/dragon... even though it would have 5 2x damage types (and 4 half dmage) lol
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Love the quilt! When I saw it I was all "FLAMMIEOMG" but it's all awesome - you did a super job (again). :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Kevin18875
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Kevin18875 »

Before I forget, i have a few submissions here, for this Challenge. The first picture is a digital pic of Charizard flying over Celadon City. Since I never would've been able to stitch that in time, i made another, which i just finished the other day. The next picture is Charizard flying over Viridian Forest. I had some left over floss and navy blue fabric today, so i decided to also stitch my third submission from Cave Story: Quote and Kazuma Escaping on a Sky Dragon. Hoping for some positive reviews on these.
Charizard Flying over Celadon.png
Charizard Flying over Celadon.png (4.5 KiB) Viewed 5043 times
Charizard Flying Over Veridian Forest.jpg
Charizard Flying Over Veridian Forest.jpg (106.91 KiB) Viewed 5043 times
Quote & Kazuma Escape on a Sky Dragon.jpg
Quote & Kazuma Escape on a Sky Dragon.jpg (43.71 KiB) Viewed 5043 times