4 - green
35%

Total votes: 60

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

2013 Charity Quilt Creating

Post by tnitnetny »

All of the squares are in so that means it is time to make the quilts! After a lot of thought I decided to stick to 2 quilts. We only have 1 more square then last year. That means that one of the quilts will be an odd shape, but it can't be helped. There are now a few things you need to do.

1) Vote on the fabric of choice.

Above in the poll section let me know which fabric you would like me to use in this years quilt. We change the color every year to make them unique.

2) Take a look at the layout I have for both quilts. You are looking for 3 things. 1 - all of your squares you sent me are there. 2 - all of the squares you sent aren't all in the same quilt. 3 - you like the layout. Do you think I should move some squares around to make it more aesthetically pleasing?

Remember, in the blank areas I will put the Sprite Stitch logo and the Child's lay logo. I have not washed, ironed, or trimmed them yet. It was easier for me to figure out which squares belonged to which people this way (so I could separate them into different quilts). Once everything is decided I will wash, iron, and then trim them before started to assemble the squares.

Thanks!!
Last edited by tnitnetny on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: 2013 Charity Quilt Creating

Post by funkymonkey »

Yay! It's so neat to see them all together. Layout looks good to me!

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

I see 3 of my squares in the second quilt and 1 in the first. I did the SMB3 W4 square in the middle of the 3rd row on the first picture, and the Link/Hidden Stairs square in the first row, the Super Scribblenauts square 2nd in the 3rd row, and the Sonic & Tails square at the end of the 5th row on the second picture. With 4 squares, maybe 2 for each quilt?

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

*removed text from this as it was a double post somehow*
Last edited by SofaraStarfyre on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

If I switch her quilt 2 SMB3 square in row 3 with the quilt 1 mario cart square in row 5 would that put the person that made the mario cart have all their squares in the same quilt?

Yurtle
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Yurtle »

Even though I didn't stitch a square this year, I'm still giving my vote! :) I love the colours you've picked! So pretty!! I want them all!

no_need
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by no_need »

These are going to be great! My Skull Kid is very happy next to a great big Portal Cake :D
Current projects: 'Heroes' sketch, experiments with surface embroidery.

"We have to build the republic of heaven where we are, because for us there is no elsewhere."
--Philip Pullman, The Amber Spyglass

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

Both of the ones I stitched are in the bottom quilt. I did the SMB2 one (3rd row down, one to the far right) as well as the Chrono Cross one (the one on the left on the very bottom row).
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

My SMB3 W4 square in the first picture is the only one of mine on that quilt. My other 3 squares are in the second quilt. I leave it to you to decide which one of my 3 in the second picture to move.

I took the 2 pictures and circled which of the squares were mine to help eliminate confusion...
pic 1.jpg
pic 1.jpg (134.92 KiB) Viewed 6469 times
pic 2.jpg
pic 2.jpg (163 KiB) Viewed 6469 times

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Oh! I get it now, thanks Sofara.

Here are the new quilts:

I moved a bunch of squares around within the quilts as well to make the quilt look better and more balanced. So even if you checked the last one, please check again. Are your squares split up evenly? Do you like the layout, should something be moved?

I will also update the original post with the new layout.