Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Challenge Voting Suggestion

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Challenge Voting Suggestion

Post by Eliste »

I totally think this should be in Challenges, but can't post it there, so I'm putting it here and BMH can fix it.

I'd like to suggest a change to our voting. Time and time again I watch as about 3-4 pull ahead of the others and then one is deemed the winner despite the fact that it possibly only has one more than the other 2-3 of its caliber.

I'm wondering if we should change to a two-tier voting system. First, a vote for many out of all the entries and then when the field is clearly narrowed down a simple vote for a single entry. I'd prefer to not set the number of entries for the second vote, but it should be clear from the votes in the first which should move on. I keep seeing what I think are really good entries that could have won if we didn't have 20+ projects to spread the love around.

You could do it just for challenges with lots of entries (10+ say) and then you could add a badge for Challenge Finalists which would be anyone selected to go on to the second round of voting.

Anyway, just a suggestion!

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Challenge Voting Suggestion

Post by Pyper »

I like this idea. It also seems that some entries get two or three pics (the colouring book challenge had an example or two of this, such as Aridesh's activity book) with the result that votes for the same entry may be spread over several options.
That was just me being lazy, instead of re-uploading pictures I use their board URL. In future I will ask people to try to avoid it.
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Challenge Voting Suggestion

Post by blackmageheart »

Ok we're now in Challenges board.

To be honest I've long considered a more fair system. I think its a good idea to break the voting down into sections. I'm something of a student of voting systems and so I can try to apply what I know to this!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...