Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

APRIL Stitch-a-Long - Patterns and Prep!

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: APRIL Stitch-a-Long - Samplers

Post by starrley »

Elle wrote:I had the hardest time picking my top 4! I went through and picked my favorite initially (about 15), and then slowly narrowed it down one by one. The jump from 5 to 4 was by far the toughest though :bye:
You were actually allowed to pick 8! I'm not sure whether you can go back and vote for 4 more. :)
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

starrley wrote:You were actually allowed to pick 8! I'm not sure whether you can go back and vote for 4 more. :)
It's set to allow responders to edit their responses after submitting, but I'm not completely sure if that means you can go back and do it. However, I don't think there's anything stopping you going back and voting for a different four. :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

QueenBex wrote:
kuja.girl wrote:I tried to post a reply last night but the forum seemed to be down for me for about an hour : /
So it wasn't just me!
No, at least 4 of us have reported problems. I've notified the admins and they're checking on it but it seems to have resolved its self for now.
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

I went to my FLNS today and bought some linen for the project. It'll actually be the first time I stitch on linen - I figured that in the spirit of the origins of the sampler, I would push myself just a little. :nod
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by starrley »

RMDC wrote:I went to my FLNS today and bought some linen for the project. It'll actually be the first time I stitch on linen - I figured that in the spirit of the origins of the sampler, I would push myself just a little. :nod
I love stitching on linen. You may never go back to Aida! :)
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

RMDC wrote:I went to my FLNS today and bought some linen for the project. It'll actually be the first time I stitch on linen - I figured that in the spirit of the origins of the sampler, I would push myself just a little. :nod
Sounds awesome. I hope more people try something a bit different for the project :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

starrley wrote:
I love stitching on linen. You may never go back to Aida! :)
I know I didn't! I love linen and even-weave fabrics!
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

I have taken to switching back and forth between linen and aida recently; every time i switch i'm like yesss this is so much better, then by the end of the project i'm like man i need to go back to the other one; haha.

qu33nofspades
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by qu33nofspades »

Voted! Lots of beautiful bands, everyone... It's always so neat to see what other people here create. ^_^

So glad I have a sizeable stitching stash built up and lurking in my closet... just paid all my bills and don't have the cash to spare to go buy new supplies... luckily past!me looked ahead and stored away a good deal of materials. Woohoo! Can't wait to see what the final results are...

m4pl3g1rl
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by m4pl3g1rl »

I'm not sure what to get if I wanted to get linen. Would I get the bolt of linen cloth? Or is there linen available for stitching? I might have to go look at JoAnn this weekend. Whee.
ImageImageImageImage