Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

NOV/DEC activity?

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
IzzyXIII
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: NOV/DEC activity?

Post by IzzyXIII »

TabbiP wrote: Agree, this would be awesome! But yes January might be too soon. Maybe a year long side project to the monthly challenge would be better to give everyone a chance of finding time to contribute and to give plenty of time for whoever is going to put it together. Starting in January would give time to organise possible world record etc and of course decide if its going to be themed and what theme and to start making patterns!

I like the idea of it being a year long thing, it would open this challenge up to a lot more people (say who are too busy to limit themselves to a 2 month challenge), and we'd certainly get more participants as more people joined the boards throughout the year

As for theme for it, eh maybe something simple like favourite video game character or a dedication to your favourite game

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

I like the idea, it sounds like fun. its not what I had in mind when I suggested sending a big project around, but I think its even better to be honest. and donating money to charity is always a good thing of course.

I think we should hold our own auction though (on ebay?), instead of sending it away. just because I'd like a chance to bid on it!! If the project was giant enough we could probably get quite a bit of repostings on other blogs...

nice morphing of an idea...I'm behind it all the way.

:wiz new thread started :wiz
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

DMLC
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by DMLC »

Here is a place I already donate squares too.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOLAKgroup/
They require squares to be a certain size.

Another one here....... http://stitchforpleasurestitchforcharity.blogspot.com/
They will accept any sized squares

Some other people might know of others too.
We could mail them to one person(with a dollar to help with shipping-any extra funds can just goto them) and they send the squares as a group.

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

i'm completely on board for a charity piece...after the first of the year. i think something for november/december should be relatively small. i'm sure most of us are swamped with gifts around this time of year. i don't think it necessarily needs to be themed around holidays for this time of year, either. i'd like to see some older ideas resurrected and maybe we do something small like keychains or coasters?

bikyclist
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by bikyclist »

I like the keychains idea! But whatever it is, I'd pick something small, because smaller things would be about the only thing I could manage in between all the christmas presents I'm making this year, and I know I'm not the only one :)

TristaKatagata
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by TristaKatagata »

The keychains sounds like a great idea! I just got soem plastic canvas ordered by a sweet friend of mine, so I'd love to send a keychain to someone. I have so many ideas for the plastic canvas, too, so...
Projects:
EC challenge!
Hwoarang, Devil Jin and Miguel bookmarks/profiles from Tekken
Bloodline Rebellion Tekken 6 image
Languages of Love
and so many more

TaruSway
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by TaruSway »

Ooh I could do keychains or coasters...though I'm not sure HOW to make a keychain...I know I'm swamped with gifties at the moment, but I could make time for something small. :)
-Sway
Mother, Lover, Gamer
Spoiler
Image on spoiler till I make a more size appropriate one!!

DMLC
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by DMLC »

We could do something like you said in the quilt post
"the site really does need a logo"
See what people can come up with!!!
----------------------------
I'm unable to do this since I found out that I tore a tendon(micro tears) in my thumb area yesterday.
This time my injury wasn't caused by stitching!! Not allowed to stitch for another few weeks(or longer) now.

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

DMLC wrote:"the site really does need a logo"
I like this idea. It solves two problems with one stone :D
DMLC wrote:I'm unable to do this since I found out that I tore a tendon(micro tears) in my thumb area yesterday.
This time my injury wasn't caused by stitching!! Not allowed to stitch for another few weeks(or longer) now.
Painful. I got micro tares in my ankle once, wasn't cool.
Although you could still design one, I'm sure if it was good enough someone would stitch it at a later date...

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

I like the idea of a logo challenge. we need a logo badly...

would this need to be crafted? or just a digital image?
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"