Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

NOV/DEC activity?

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
ezsebeth
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: NOV/DEC activity?

Post by ezsebeth »

Cool idea... although what happens to it at the end?
We could always sell it and give the money to charity :D
Epic Pokemon I: 6.8%

Stardrifter
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Stardrifter »

Lord Libidan wrote:we have a MASSIVE bit of aida, and every one has a set size (say 50 pixels square) which they can do whatever they want with? Cool idea... although what happens to it at the end?
just a thought to add on to this idea slightly:

what if each of us had a square of aida.. and we did whatever we wanted on it and then someone sewed it all together as a quilt or tapestry or something...

we could auction/sell it for a charity (like child's play) or something?

Krybak17
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Krybak17 »

That's actually an awesome idea!

StitchPlease
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by StitchPlease »

If we did something like that we can also frame it. I've see huge frames at the big craft stores that have almost 100 smaller frames within. We can have everyone pick their favorite game, or theme it by year or console. If we want to give it to charity (Child's Play, in particular) one of their fundraisers, Winter-een-mas, takes place the end of January. That should be enough time to get everything together. This is the website for Child's Play if anyone wants to take a look. http://www.childsplaycharity.org/

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

You know, this idea is pretty awesome...
Just a thought: There isn't a world record for a cross stitch, so we could get one for biggest cross stitch, or something like that, if we planned it right, and we could get more money for the charity, and get more recognition for the site? It might take longer than january to sort everything out though...

TabbiP
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by TabbiP »

I love this idea!
ezsebeth wrote:what if each of us had a square of aida.. and we did whatever we wanted on it and then someone sewed it all together as a quilt or tapestry or something...
I think this is better than having one massive piece as it will cut down cost of posting and it means we can all stitch at the same time rather than waiting our turn. Depends if anyone is willing to put it together. Quite like the massive frame idea too.
Lord Libidan wrote:Just a thought: There isn't a world record for a cross stitch, so we could get one for biggest cross stitch, or something like that, if we planned it right, and we could get more money for the charity, and get more recognition for the site? It might take longer than january to sort everything out though...
Agree, this would be awesome! But yes January might be too soon. Maybe a year long side project to the monthly challenge would be better to give everyone a chance of finding time to contribute and to give plenty of time for whoever is going to put it together. Starting in January would give time to organise possible world record etc and of course decide if its going to be themed and what theme and to start making patterns!

Ellentje
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Ellentje »

Lord Libidan wrote:You know, this idea is pretty awesome...
Just a thought: There isn't a world record for a cross stitch, so we could get one for biggest cross stitch, or something like that, if we planned it right, and we could get more money for the charity, and get more recognition for the site? It might take longer than january to sort everything out though...
I love the idea of a world record, but it looks like we would have a hard time beating the Chinese..
http://www.china-daily.org/China-News/C ... rd-Figure/

I think it would be great to sell the result for charity though :D

ami-lynn
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by ami-lynn »

A giant quilt-like cross stitch sounds exciting. Starting it in January definitely sounds like a better idea.

Doesn't do us much good for a Nov/Dec challenge though. XP

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

Ellentje wrote:I love the idea of a world record, but it looks like we would have a hard time beating the Chinese..
http://www.china-daily.org/China-News/C ... rd-Figure/
Guinness world records has nothing with cross stitch in it, so that Chinese one will most likely not have a factor upon our entry.
ami-lynn wrote:A giant quilt-like cross stitch sounds exciting. Starting it in January definitely sounds like a better idea.

Doesn't do us much good for a Nov/Dec challenge though. XP
If johloh thinks this is a cool idea, I think we should set up a new topic, sort it all out, but we really should sort out nov/dec first. :P

MissNelyra
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by MissNelyra »

this sound so cool!
Sorry about my english, french is my primary language!