Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

March Challenge! - Craft Swap!!

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
Samr2d2
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: March Challenge! - Craft Swap!!

Post by Samr2d2 »

Not sure if i'm going to enter this one as i have a dissertation to finish and wouldn't want somebody to get my half assed work but i'll see where i am with it in a months time!

Anyway i thought you could use this website - www.elfster.com - Me and my friends use it for sorting out secret santa and you can leave anonymous messages saying what things you like/dont like etc and make a wishlist so thought it might be useful!

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

definitely not going to be US only...one of the questionnaire questions can ask if you have a problem shipping outside of US.
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

i've only been on these forums for a little over a month, but i'm in :nod

Pixel Stitches
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Pixel Stitches »

I would love to participate in this, and probably will, but I need to wait about a week before confirming. I got a few comissions to finish up, then I should be free to do this :yahoo: I'll let you guys know asap!

Also, actually, if you are positive on a 2-3 month time bracket, then I can commit lol :pac Let me know! :peach

Toiya55
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Toiya55 »

I'm curious...when you say craft swap can it be any craft? I don't know that I could do anything cross stitch that someone else couldn't but I do make chainmail jewelry as another hobby. Would that be something that could be submitted or only stitch type stuff?

Stardrifter
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Stardrifter »

i'll have to hear a few more details before i can commit

i want to- but i'm not sure if i can participate because i have so many things to do in terms of my visa application and the next 3 or 4 months are the busiest of it. =(

also, i would hate to have someone make something magnificent for me (like a quilt :o my goodness!) and me not be able to finish something equally nice for them^^; i mostly excel at small projects^^;

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

I probably wouldn't make a large full sized quilt, just a lap size (but still large enough to nap with). Or if it gets rigged I could always make a baby quilt embroidered (I bought an embroidery machine, woot!) with a name and birthday. Chainmail jewelry! That would be awesome to get!!

I still don't think it could be random because what if someone pulls me and makes me a quilt, or a cross stitch. I wouldn't appreciate a quilt or cross stitch (because I can make it myself) as much as something I couldn't do like a crochet, jewelry, stained glass, knit, etc. But only 1 person, probably Johloh, would know who has who. It wouldn't be everyone picking who they want. He would match them up based on crafts they could do and location (if 2 people are in UK and their crafts match up, pair them up!).

I am sooooo excited! This will be so much fun!

Turqoizyoshi
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Turqoizyoshi »

What is a craft swap? (I'm new to the whole "Interaction with real people" thing) :yoshi
00000111011001010110010101101011011100110001111101110010011101010110110001100101
Translation: Geeks rule.

Toiya55
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Toiya55 »

Another note with the chainmail thing is that I would need a few questions answered from the other person like personal preference of necklace, bracelet, hand flower, etc and measurements of said body part and I'm not sure how we could swap that info without giving the surprise part of it away. Hmm...only idea I can come up with is once everyone who wants to do the swap is accounted for, people tell Johloh what they plan to make, and then a general questionnaire could be made from all the crafts. For example 1. Favorite game (which could be any project) 2. Favorite color(also any project) 3. Jewelry preference and measurements for that preference. etc etc.

Everyone could fill the info out and sent it personally to Johloh in a PM and then it can be given to whoever is making the project. That way everyone will have all the general info, but not know for certain which questions pertain to the gift they may be getting. Might be way too complicated though. :shock: Sorry if that confused anyone! :grin:

johloh
Site Admin

Post by johloh »

yes, I'll definitely have to handle all of the questionnaires and pass them to the appropriate people. for example people aren't going to want to post their home addresses in this public forum...

I'm still debating between me matching people up and random drawing...my problem is just that most people will want to cross stitch, most likely more than half? and if more than half stitch itll end up with some people getting matched up with other stitchers...

I'm not sure if its a problem if you get matched up with the same type of craft, it is still cool for someone to make you something...and theyll likely come up with something you wouldnt make anyway, even if you have the skills.
Image "I can't drive, so I'm gonna walk all over you!"