Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

amynumba2
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Post by amynumba2 »

I have a question about KG Chart please,

Is there a way to import multiple sprites or images onto one chart? (Everytime go to file/import it asks me to save my current chart and opens a new chart with the new image.) Or do I have to first open it up in another program and then import to KG after I have all my images on one page?

Thanks for the help, I love this site and am hoping to post some work soon! :peach

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

amynumba2 wrote:I have a question about KG Chart please,

Is there a way to import multiple sprites or images onto one chart? (Everytime go to file/import it asks me to save my current chart and opens a new chart with the new image.) Or do I have to first open it up in another program and then import to KG after I have all my images on one page?

Thanks for the help, I love this site and am hoping to post some work soon! :peach
Yeah, you would have to put all of your sprites into one image file in a graphics program before you import it into KG Chart.
Image Image Image Image

amynumba2
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by amynumba2 »

ok then :nod

I kinda figured as much, but wanted to check anyhow with people who used the program longer than I have.

Thanks Servo! :wave:

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

How do you turn a pattern into a pdf in KGChart?
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

Pyper wrote:How do you turn a pattern into a pdf in KGChart?
Download a program called CutePDF. When you choose print, there will be an extra option in the printer list. Set the printer to CutePDF and press OK. A box will pop up letting you set where you want the file to be saved.
Image Image Image Image

Draconix
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Draconix »

How do I reduce the amount of pages to print up on KG-Chart? Thanks

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Draconix wrote:How do I reduce the amount of pages to print up on KG-Chart? Thanks
In the Print Preview screen, use the "Mesh Size" slider / arrows to make the grid smaller. Usually this reduces the amount of pages needed for the whole pattern. :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Draconix
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Draconix »

blackmageheart wrote:
Draconix wrote:How do I reduce the amount of pages to print up on KG-Chart? Thanks
In the Print Preview screen, use the "Mesh Size" slider / arrows to make the grid smaller. Usually this reduces the amount of pages needed for the whole pattern. :D
Thanks!

tbsp
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by tbsp »

I seem to have a lot of trouble getting any of the programs I've tried to give what seem like reasonable thread selections across an entire image. Of course, that's largely based on comparing the original image colors to this image: http://www.thestitchershideaway.com/sto ... colors.jpg, all on a computer.

Is it foolish to attempt thread selection in this manner? Should I be comparing a printout to threads in-store (or on-hand)? Or, am I just being overly picky for something that'll generally look pretty good as long as it's not WAY off?

RockstarGirl
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by RockstarGirl »

tbsp wrote:I seem to have a lot of trouble getting any of the programs I've tried to give what seem like reasonable thread selections across an entire image. Of course, that's largely based on comparing the original image colors to this image: http://www.thestitchershideaway.com/sto ... colors.jpg, all on a computer.

Is it foolish to attempt thread selection in this manner? Should I be comparing a printout to threads in-store (or on-hand)? Or, am I just being overly picky for something that'll generally look pretty good as long as it's not WAY off?
I'm currently working on a blue and purple dragon that I charted in PatternMaker (as it seems to make slightly better color choices than KG Chart) - and while they aren't EXACT to what displayed on my screen, they're looking pretty good so far. I may edit the pattern, because I think a couple of them should have been slightly different, but I'll know better once I'm actually finished. My suggestion would be print out (or write down) all the colors you need, and go in the store and gather them up and just look at them, and see how well you think they'll work together.
~*RockstarGirl*~
Image Image