Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

A Zelda and a FF6 piece

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Laialda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

A Zelda and a FF6 piece

Post by Laialda »

Some of you who have been frequenting Sprite Stitch may remember me mentioning my Kefka from FF6 piece I was doing when I sent in my Zelda cross-stitch bookmark I made. ^_^ Well I finished it several months back and realized the other day that I still hadn't shown it.

It hasn't been cleaned yet so you'll have to excuse me on that ^_^;; but I think it turned out very well. The quote (which those who've played the game may recognize) is what Kefka says right before you get to fight him....Pretty much sums up his twisted mind really.

Another piece that got finished recently (and a popular one out there on the interwebz) is this Hyrule Crest:

This one was not for my own gain though and was a wedding gift for a friend of mine who loves the series as well. I think the frame choice for this works very well to compliment it too. ^_^
I reject your reality and submit my own! - Mythbusters
Laialda's Etsy Shop: Craftigurumi
My gallery over on DeviantArt

Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: A Zelda and a FF6 piece

Post by Icedevimon13 »

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG Kefka piece is freaking AWESOME!

Do you...have a pattern? :beg: I'd so do that as my next big project.
Image Image

Amanda
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Amanda »

Agreed....

I would love a pattern of this, as my husband likes FF6 so much that we have a cat named Kefka.

Great job on both! I agree on that frame as well, great compliment.
"You can buy everything but love, friendship, and experience points." - Earthbound

"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

Laialda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Laialda »

I'm glad you both enjoy it as much as I have! ^_^ The short answer is yes I do have a pattern, the long answer is it's not complete. :sorry: I made the pattern in photoshop over a year ago by transferring each individual pixel :blink: yeah....In case you didn't notice, a few of the colors in that piece are very close and it was extremely difficult sometimes to read from so I started doing symbols but stopped halfway through. >.< I also have to check to see if I still have the DMC color numbers I used cause I may have deleted them *sweat drop* But if you guys are really interested I don't mind finishing the pattern up to post. ^_^
I reject your reality and submit my own! - Mythbusters
Laialda's Etsy Shop: Craftigurumi
My gallery over on DeviantArt

OmniSilence
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by OmniSilence »

OhMyGosh! That is amazing! Kefka looks wonderful! (and perhaps slightly overwhelming!) I would certainly be interested if you had a pattern...can't guarantee I would do it, but I'm a huge FF6 so who knows?

jmdennisyourface
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by jmdennisyourface »

I love the Hyrule Crest! Did you frame it yourself? It looks very nice.

Icedevimon13
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Icedevimon13 »

Don't worry about the pattern if it's too much work or you don't have time for it. I know how difficult it is trying to make patterns when you don't have a generating software to do it for you. (continues trying to make pcstitch patch work...)
Image Image

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

I really like the Hyrule crest. My partner really likes the Zelda games and I think I may do that one sometime for him. Top Work. :clap: Also, your ff6 design is amazing, I've never played the game but I know great stitching when I see it. Well done. :grin:
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!