Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Miss Clawful's Cross-Stitch Projects

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Miss Clawful
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Miss Clawful's Cross-Stitch Projects

Post by Miss Clawful »

Been visiting this site for quite some time...

What brings me here? I'm heavily into video games, moreso the old NES, and cross-stitching, mostly characters from my favorite games. I've spent long enough looking at and admiring everyone else work on here, 'bout time I join up and share my cross-stitch art too.

===

-----------------
|2002-2008|
-----------------

A beginner is me
----------------------

I am not a cross-stitcher yet, got lots to learn. Didn't have much info to help me along when I first started cross-stitching those many years ago, had a few simple instructions on how to make the Xs and that's it, and I figured this was easy, I thought I knew what I was doing, but my fronts look mediocre, backs a big sloppy (and now very embarrassing) mess. I really wasn't quite ready yet for this art, but it did open the door, capture my interest.

Plutonium Boss from Blaster Master

My very first cross-stitch project, done back 12/31/2002 right after getting cross-stitching materials for Christmas that year, finished it in 3 days (1/2/2003). The final boss in the NES game Blaster Master has always been one of my favorite last bosses in gaming, so what better one to start on. My pattern for this was an image out of one of the early Nintendo Power magazines, this was at a time well before I had a computer or even knew how to really use one (webtv was the closest thing I had then, and internet on that was nothing like exploring it in its entirety on a real computer), so being an image from a magazine it was a rather difficult task counting pixels, he wasn't pixel perfect, but sure did look pretty cool. Beginning of 2011 (3/14/2011), when I got back into cross-stitching again, I went back to this piece and being that I have computer images of the sprites I was able to find and fix a few errors, a few missed or misplaced stitches here and there around the edges.

Material Used:
--------------
Aida (14ct) cut 3.75"x5.5"

Date:
-----

===

Custom Hermit Crab (my very first original design)

This was my very first attempt at creating my own cross-stitch piece. I started with a piece of graph paper and just used a picture of one of my hermit crabs to roughly draw in the X's for its outline. The shell I got from examining a real shell from my hermit crabs' terrarium. Basically I made a very rough sketch of X's on graph paper to go by for a pattern off of real models. Don't remember when I started it, but finished it February 14th, 2004.

Material Used:
--------------
Aida (14ct) cut 5.75"x6"

Date:
-----
2/14/2004

===

Keela from Legacy of the Wizard

Another favorite final boss cross-stitched from another one of my favorite games, taken from an image out of Nintendo Power, but changed his colors to reflect his battle colors, but messed up on one, picking the wrong color (mostly due to not having many floss colors to choose from to begin with) and he didn't really come out looking as nice as I would've liked, plus I didn't allow for much room, the material was a bit short so he's cramped from edge to edge.

Material Used:
--------------
Pre-Cut Aida (14ct) cut 5.75"x5.75"

Date:
-----

===

Multiple NES Game Characters

All taken from images in my Nintendo Power magazines, cross-stitched them straight from the pages. Took some liberties to customize a couple of them a little bit, add an extra color or alter their colors a bit.

Material Used:
--------------
28 count material (not Aida?)

Date:
-----
early 2004

Batman

Simon Belmont from Castlevania

Bill Rizer from Contra

Elf Hero from Faxanadu

Knight from Ghosts 'n Goblins

Guardian in ship form from The Guardian Legend

Kuros from Ironsword

Pit from Kid Icarus

Winged Warrior from Legendary Wings

Megaman from Megaman 5

Samus and Mother Brain from Metroid

Nova from Power Blade

Rygar

Mario from SMB2

Hiryu from Strider

===

Custom Hermit Crab icon (another original creation)

Made this tiny cross-stitch piece from a custom sprite that I created back in January 2007 as a forum avatar, just got bored one day and decided to cross-stitch it.

Material Used:
--------------

Date:
-----
2/26/2008

===

Custom Girl Gamer Playing NES (cross-stitched sprite edit of Ghosts 'n Goblins princess)

Material Used:
--------------

Date:
-----
sometime 2008, I think

===

Faron from Conquest of the Crystal Palace (NES)

Another image taken from Nintendo Power. I wanted to do Zap as well but couldn't find any pics clear enough to see each pixel well.

Material Used:
--------------

Date:
-----
2/28/2008

===

----------
|2011|
----------

A new beginning
----------------------

Got off to a rough start with some less than average quality work, but learned a lot this year with each new project being better than the last, but still in a never ending learning process, always something new. I think I have improved vastly, and still aim to make even better quality cross-stitch pieces.

Bionic Commando

My very first cross-stitch for 2011. Didn't yet have my own laptop computer at the time so grabbed up whatever image I could at the time that was large enough to see each pixel, happened to be a pealer bead project of somebody's, didn't know if it was pixel perfect but looked right enough, it'd have to do for now. So copied that down onto graph paper and later got to work on it. This was a 4 hour or so project, started late night January 18th, finished wee hours of early morning the next day.

Material used:
--------------
Aida (14ct) cut to 4.75"x6.75"

Date:
-----
1/18/2011-1/19/2011

===

Custom Hermit Crab (original design by me)

My second cross-stitch for 2011. This one I made from a custom sprite I created October 20th, 2009. Started it January 24th, finished it on the 26th, about 6 hours time. Later in the year (July 6th, 2011) I added my NintendoAge username "Miss Clawful" to it so that I could use it for the high score contests, one of the rules being that your name has to be in the picture taken with your high score on it, never liked it written on a piece of paper, looked tacky, cross-stitched looks so much nicer along with my scores.

Material used:
--------------
Aida (14ct) cut to 3.75"x5.75"

Date:
-----
1/24/2011-1/26/2011, added my NA username 7/6/2011

===

Thrilla from Thrilla's Surfari

This is a cross-stitch of Thrilla from the NES game Thrilla's Surfari which I started and finished January 27th, 2011. Why I picked to do him at this early time I dunno, but he looked cool so why not.

Material used:
--------------

Date:
-----
1/27/2011

===

Firebrand from Gargoyle's Quest II

Cross-Stitch of Firebrand from the NES game Gargoyle's Quest II, started January 28th 2011, finished the next day. Was a little bit disappointed with my color choices for him, being not much difference between the two shades of red, but I didn't have very many colors to choose from then.

Material used:
--------------

Date:
-----
1/28/2011-1/29/2011

===

Caveman Joe from Joe & Mac

Cross-Stitch of Joe & Mac (minus the Mac) from the NES game of the same name, started and finished January 29th 2011. Another odd one to do, cool pose though.

Material used:
--------------

Date:
-----
1/29/2011

===

Gyruss

Cross-stitch of the spaceship from the NES game Gyruss, done January 30th 2011.

Material used:
--------------

Date:
-----
1/30/2011

===

The Lone Ranger

Cross-stitch of The Lone Ranger (riding his horse, Silver) from the NES game of the same name. I started on this project February 25th 2011, finished it two days later on the 27th. Had intended to do the larger image of them from the intro of the game, but ran out of a color for the horse's body, so put that one aside for this other one I ended up doing instead, never got back to the unfinished one yet.

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
Black (#310), White (#B5200), Very Light Brown Gray (#3024), Medium Wedgewood (#3760), Bright Red (#666)

Material used:
--------------
Aida (14ct) cut to 5"x7"

Date Progress Log:
------------------
2/25/2011-2/27/2011

===

City Connection

Sunset cutscene from the NES game City Connection. Started this cross-stitch March 10th 2011, finished it March 24th 2011. I know this was an odd thing to pick for a video game cross-stitch, but I wanted something nice, classy looking, something that didn't register immediately as coming from an arcade action game. Cross-stitch is 64x80 pixels, totally 5,120 stitches, took me 2 weeks working on this one, about 30 hours time spend on it. I love this piece but do have one gripe about it, didn't like how I cut it, actually two gripes, a crease can also be seen which'll never go away which kinda deforms one side of the project, eh, still like it though.

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
Black (#310), Very Light Mahogany (#402), Very Light Pearl Gray (#762), White, Light Pale Yellow (#745), Medium Yellow (#743), Very Light Apricot (#967)

Material used:
--------------
Aida (14ct) cut to 5"x7"

Date Progress Log:
------------------
3/10/2011-3/24/2011

===

Gun-Nac

One of the intro cutscene pics from the NES game Gun-Nac. Began working on this cross-stitch project March 26th 2011, finished it two months later on May 26th 2011. This one is 112x80 pixels, that's 8,960 stitches, took me somewhere close to 70 hours to complete. I ran into two problems when nearing the end of this project, I realized too late that the deep creases in the material were not going to come out, and also that some pencil marks that I made on one side of the material were showing through, ouch. While it still looks good, I still can't help but let it upset me about the flaws, going to have to be much more careful from this point on about folds and marks, use it as a learning experience.

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
Black (#310), Very Light Ash Gray (#535), Light Steel Gray (#318), Salmon (#760), Baby Pink (#818), Very Light Sky Blue (#747), Dark Garnet (#814), White, a dark red that I didn't care for but went with it anyway

Material used:
--------------
Aida (14ct) cut to 8"x10"

Date Progress Log:
------------------
3/26/2011-5/26/2011

===

Raccoon Mario

This Raccoon Mario cross-stitch was a commissioned project (my very first) that I done for a member at Nintendo Age. Payment was $?? plus ? NES games, so a combo sale/trade. I started very late in the night June 28th 2011, finished in the early hours of the morning the next day, took me about 3 hours 50 minutes to complete. Actually ended up having to make two of them because the first time I messed up and cut it too small for the frame I had for it. Darn, how the heck did I do that? Okay, just going to have to make another one, so I did. Sent him the second one I done, approximately same amount of time spent on that one as the first, this time properly sized, hung onto the original which is what this image is from. One thing to note is that he really wanted me to sign my work, problem is, at the time I didn't know what, how I would sign it since I never did this for any of my previous works, I ended up signing the frame. I know, a bit lame, but I didn't know what else to do, hadn't ever thought of a signature, but it did me thinking about it for a time afterwards.

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
Very Light Apricot (#967), Bright Red (#666), and Black (#310)

Material used:
--------------
Light Blue Aida (14ct) cut to 3.75"x5.75"

Date Progress Log:
------------------
6/28/2011-6/29/2011

===

Kick Master

This is a cross-stitch of Thonolan and Belzed from the NES game Kick Master (Thonolan is the one jump kicking, Belzed is the last boss of that game). Started this one on June 30th 2011, finished July 6th 2011. It took me about 16 hours or so to complete this one (about 3.5 hours on Thonolan, 12.5 on Belzed).

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
Black (#310), Ultra Very Light Terra Cotta (#3771), Medium Copper (#920), Light Blue (#813), Very Dark Cranberry (#600), Very Light Cranberry (#605)

Material used:
--------------
Aida (14ct) cut to 5"x7"

Date Progress Log:
------------------
6/30/2011-7/6/2011

===

NES Spaceships

7/7/2011-7/8/2011

Wanted to try something new for a change, so bought some sheets of plastic canvas. Had an idea to cross-stitch every single playable spacecraft from every NES space shooter. Got as far as getting 5 of them done, these for Xevious, Star Force, Star Soldier, Terra Cresta, and Image Fight, they turned out okay, but I didn't much care for working with this material, think I'll stick to aida. Anyway, done these July 7th-8th, 2011.

===

R.B.I. Baseball

Did this cross-stitch for another member on Nintendo Age, he offered me some free games (for no other reason than the goodness of his heart), and for his kindness and generosity I offered to make him a cross-stitch in return, any NES sprite that he wanted, he picked R.B.I. Baseball, wanted a batter, but also requested a number 24 on the back of his jersey, I gave him that as well as a baseplate and ball so it didn't look so empty. Never got a chance to scan this one, but here is what the final project looked like when hung it on my wall for picture taking right before I boxed it up to send out to him. Oh, this one from July 15th 2011 to July 19th 2011, took me about 12 hours to complete it.

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
Deep Blue (#803), Ultra Very Light Terra Cotta (#3771), Very Light Brown Gray (#3024), White, and Black (#310)

Material used:
--------------
Beige Aida (14ct) cut to 8"x10"

Date Progress Log:
------------------
7/15/2011-7/19/2011

===

Twilight Sparkle

This was a cross-stitch project for myself, Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Bought myself a coloring book at my work, cut out all of the pages, started scanning them, then was looking at this one image and said, yep, I'll start with this one, because it was small and basic, well that is until I starting turning it into a cross-stitch. Anyway, put the scanned image into MS Paint, decreased the size 50%, then cleaned it up a little bit since it looked kind of jagged, once satisfied, printed it out. But I still have to fix her cutie mark so it looks better, plus will eventually get around to coloring her in.

So what started out as a coloring book image that was 1.25" tall, is now slightly over 9.5" tall, my largest cross-stitch yet. Once I'm done with all that I gotta fill her in with color, but not sure yet whether I'll do solid colors or blend for something more intricate, will have to see. Worked on this one from July 31st to August 21st 2011, spending well over 30 hours on it. I'm mostly likely far from finished with it, but I need a break, find something else to cross-stitch for a bit.

Colors used (DMC):
Black (#310)

Material used:
--------------
Antique White Aida (14ct) 15"x18"

Date Progress Log:
------------------
7/31/2011-8/21/2011 (black outline only)

===

White Mage (Final Fantasy Origins - PSone)

Started this Final Fantasy Origins White Mage August 10th 2011, finished it the next day, took me nearly 8 hours to finish. This was a commissioned project for another member on Nintendo Age.

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
Black (#310) and Very Dark Pewter Grey (#3799) for outline
Light Plum (#3607) and Medium Red (#304) for triangle robe patterns
Very Light Peach (#948) and Ultra Very Light Terra Cotta (#3771) for hands and face
Light Tan (#437), Very Light Brown (#435), Medium Brown (#433) and Dark Coffee Brown (#801) for hair
Snow White (#B5200), Very Light Pearl Grey (#762), Light Steel Grey (#318), and ?grey? (don't have the number or exact color name for this choice) for robe

Material used:
--------------
Antique White Aida (14ct) scrap cut

Date Progress Log:
------------------
8/10/2011-8/11/2011

---

White Mage (Final Fantasy - NES)

Cross-stitch of another White Mage, this time from the original Final Fantasy on the NES. Did this for the member on Nintendo Age that bought my other White Mage project, but this one was a freebie from me which he didn't know he was getting, why, I dunno, I just felt like doing something nice, but then as I was finishing this one up I find that he also thought to do the same for me and gave me a little more money for the one he bought. You know a good person when they go well out of their way to perform some sincere act of kindness and not expect anything extra in return, or even know that the other is thinking to do the same for them (same thing with the free games for cross-stitch trade that I did with another member, each of us had thought to give a little extra to each other as well). So I was very happy indeed to have took a few hours more to make him an extra mage. Started this one late at night August 15th, finished it early afternoon the next day, sent both cross-stitches off a couple hours later.

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
White, Very Light Peach (#948), Dark Coffee Brown (#801), Very Dark Salmon (#347), Black (#310), and two shades of blue which I don't have name or number for

Material used:
--------------
Antique White Aida (14ct) scrap cut

Date Progress Log:
------------------
8/15/2011-8/16/2011

===

The Magic of Scheherazade

Not sure why I picked this one, its a good game, but not like its one of my absolute favorites, but I love the characters, so it had to be done. Have me some big ideas for this one, these'll be my best cross-stitch pieces yet! And trying something new with them as well, wanting to do something different I went with cross-stitching on black material, and I would only fill in the colored parts of each character, leaving anything black blank, but not only this, I wanted something that wasn't so boring, so flat, so experimented with trying to make them appear more rounded, with new techniques I developed for myself, and the finished product appears to have more depth as well as feeling puffy where I wanted it to, such as making a nose, moustache, an arm or leg stick out more. I got all of the companion characters done, even the hired mercenary bulldog soldier, but still have yet to get around to making the hero Isfa, but will get back to eventually. Besides, not looking to stop there anyway, got some other things to make as well for this game, in due time.

Note about signatures:

1/27/2012-1/28/2012

11:15pm-6:00am - spent the night off and on removing my signature initials from the Castlevania cross-stitch pieces that I had just done, both Dracula 1st and 2nd forms and Death cross-stitchings, as well as my Shatterhand and all of the Magic of Scheherazade ones, suddenly had a sickening feeling looking at it, made it seem like I was all full of myself, like I was displaying my name all big and bright in neon lights, plus took away from the image that one is supposed to be focused on, I found looking at them that I kept seeing my initials and date moreso than the actual art, so I promptly started tearing the threads out, leaving nothing but what is supposed to be there, the cross-stitched sprites. I got too wrapped up with this whole sig thing, just because one person requested it doesn't mean everyone wants it, and personally I've never cared for signing things, I think even the smallest sig detracts from the art, but that's me, but from now on I'll leave it up to the one ordering the cross-stitched piece from me to decide, sig/date or not at all, and no point in signing anything I plan on keeping for myself either. Another thing is that somehow having put so much effort into to feeling like I had to sign these things that it took much of the joy out of cross-stitching them, because while I still very much enjoyed cross-stitching the characters, I always dreaded the signature part, and by having it, and trying to make room for it, it added much unnecessary frustration to creating a pattern and where to place it in relation to the important part, the sprite. So no more sigs, unless its a commissioned work and the person really, really wants it.

(Coronya and time door, Faruk, Kebabu, Supica, Gubibi, Gun Meca, Rainy, Epin, Mustafa, Pukin, Hassan, Trooper)

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
Very Light Mahogany (#402), Medium Electric Blue (#996), White

Material used:
Black Aida (14ct) cut to 6"x6"

---

Coronya

Date Progress Log:
------------------
8/22/2011 - Started on new cross-stitch project, have me an idea of doing all of the Magic of Scheherazade (NES) characters, Coronya first. So beginning with the time door, spent about 3-3.5 hours on the blue. Oh, and for all of these I'll be using black aida material.

8/23/2011 - About 2 more hours spent on the time door, got all of the blue color done on that. Later finished all of the blue on Coronya, about 1.5 hours. Next, the orangish color on Coronya, spending around 45 minutes this day on it.

8/24/2011-8/25/2011 - Finished orange color on Coronya, which took me another 45 minutes or so, then immediately started on the white on her, which also took me about an hour and a half total.

8/29/2011 - Finished time door, white about 2 hours, orange 5-6 hours. Estimated total completion time for Coronya and time door about 18 hours.

---

Faruk

Date Progress Log:
------------------
8/29/2011 - Started on his face, getting all of the orange coloring done there, this took about 3.5 hours. Finished up on that color on him with 6 hours spent. Started on the blue after that, got half of it done, about 1.5 hours work on lamp, beard and eyes.

8/30/2011 - Finished all of the blue on Faruk, total time spent on project so far about 8.5 hours.

8/31/2011 - Started on white, a few hours later finished him. Total time spent on Faruk about 11 hours.

---

Kebabu

Date Progress Log:
------------------
9/1/2011-9/2/2011 - Began work on her around 8:30pm, finished her about 12:30am very start of the next day, took only around 4 hours total time.

---

Supica

Date Progress Log:
------------------
9/2/2011-9/3/2011 - Started and finished Supica, a mere 3 hours work.

---

Gubibi

Date Progress Log:
------------------
11/17/2011 - Been a long time since I started my Magic of Scheherazade character cross-stitchings, got back to that today with Gubibi and had him done in 2.5 hours, super quick! But that's it for the smaller ones.

---

Gun Meca

Date Progress Log:
------------------
11/18/2011 - Gun Meca was next. I got his head and right arm done, 3 hours spent on those parts.

11/19/2011-11/20/2011 - Continued working on Gun Meca, 4 more hours spent, got left arm done, left leg and foot, and right leg (minus foot), and body (minus orange on chest area.

11/20/2011-11/21/2011 - Finished Gun Meca, total time approximately 8.5-9 hours.

---

Rainy

Date Progress Log:
------------------
11/21/2011 - Got all of the orange color done, taking about 2.5 hours so far.

11/22/2011 - Head done and all of the white color on Rainy done, another 2.5 hours.

11/23/2011 - Finished Rainy, took about 5.5-6 hours.

---

Epin

Date Progress Log:
------------------
11/25/2011 - Started and finished his head, took about 2 hours.

11/26/2011 - Finished Epin, took around 5 hours time.

---

Mustafa

Date Progress Log:
------------------
11/26/2011-11/27/2011 - Started and finished Mustafa cross-stitch, 6.5-7 hours total time.

---

Pukin

Date Progress Log:
------------------
11/29/2011-11/30/2011 - Started Pukin, got blue lines in face done, finished his body, so far 4 hours spent on him.

12/1/2011 - Worked on Pukin more, another 5 hours spent on his face, finished all of the blue and white.

12/2/2011 - Finished Pukin cross-stitch, took somewhere around 11-12 hours to complete.

---

Hassan

Date Progress Log:
------------------
12/3/2011-12/4/2011 - Started Hassan, got orange of lamp and body done, around 2 hours.

12/4/2011 - Later got white mist done, 1.5-2 hours.

12/5/2011-12/6/2011 - Got beard and eyes done, about 2 hours.

12/9/2011 - Finished Hassan, took around 10 hours to complete him. So now all 11 of Isfa's companions are done. But where is he, do I do him next, but what pose, his companions were easy, they have no animations, thinking maybe a slashing pose with sword, but maybe later, got another character in mind to do first.

---

Bulldog Trooper

This guy, or group of guys, don't get enough credit, they are hired mercenaries in The Magic of Scheherazade, lending their muscle for 100 rupia, giving you 4 of these brutes at a time to assist you in the RPG battle segments of this game, but unlike you or your companions, these bulldog-like soldiers are completely expendible.

In the game for this particular sprite image of him, he is orange, white and purple, only his smaller in-battle sprite having the same colors as you and your friends, but I needed this bigger more detailed sprite of him and wanted him to match with the others, so gave him the same color theme as them.

Date Progress Log:
------------------
12/9/2011-12/12/2011 - Started and finished the Bulldog Trooper, took about 8 hours, maybe a little more.

===

NintendoAge High Score Contest 2011 - Prizes for the Winners!

Megaman (NES) with Eddie giving E Tank

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
Black, White, Very Dark Salmon (#347), Med. Blue (#826), Light Turquoise (#598), Very Light Apricot (#967);

Award Icon: Medium Copper (#920), Ultra Light Avocado Green (#472), Light Golden Brown (#977);

NA Logo: Ultra Very Dark Baby Blue (#803), Med. Blue (#826), White;

Signature: Med. Blue (#826), Light Turquoise (#598)

Material used:
--------------
Light Blue Aida (14ct) cut to 6"x6"

Date Progress Log:
------------------
12/15/2011-12/16/2011 - Began work on a new cross-stitch idea, awards for the winners of the 2011 high score contest on NintendoAge. This was something I had been pondering doing since earlier in the year when I got back into cross-stitching again, but still was not certain about what I was going to stitch until a few days prior to starting the first one. And so started on the one which would be the award for the 3rd place winner "bimmy lee". Finished Megaman, Eddie and the E Tank within 9-10 hours for two days time.

12/19/2011 - Put my initials on this cross-stitch piece, this took just a little over an hour to do.

12/22/2011 - Added award icons to each winners' cross-stitches, and extra 45 minutes time for each.

12/23/2011 - One more detail I felt was missing from these, have that touch of personalization with my initials, got the award icon, but what was missing was the NintendoAge logo. With that last detail added, now these cross-stitchings are done! Total time spent on all 3 together, nearly 40 hours.

---

Megaman (NES) riding Rush Jet with Beat, Megaman blasting a charged shot

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
Black, White, Very Dark Salmon (#347), Med. Blue (#826), Light Turquoise (#598), Very Light Apricot (#967);

Award Icon: Ultra Very Dark Baby Blue (#803), Light Blue (#813), White;

Material used:
--------------

Date Progress Log:
------------------
12/16/2011-12/19/2011 - Started and finished 2nd place award going to "MrMiniMog", taking me about 12 hours plus or minus a little bit. Later added my initials to it.

12/22/2011 - Added award icons to each winners' cross-stitches, and extra 45 minutes time for each.

12/23/2011 - One more detail I felt was missing from these, have that touch of personalization with my initials, got the award icon, but what was missing was the NintendoAge logo. With that last detail added, now these cross-stitchings are done! Total time spent on all 3 together, nearly 40 hours.

---

Megaman (NES) jumping, surrounded by friends - Dr. Light, Eddie, Rush, Roll, and Beat

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
Black, White, Very Dark Salmon (#347), Med. Blue (#826), Light Turquoise (#598), Very Light Apricot (#967), Light Straw (#3822);

Award Icon: Dark Coral (#349), Light Golden Brown (#977), White;

Material used:
--------------

Date Progress Log:
------------------
12/19/2011-12/22/2011 - Started and finished 1st place award for "guillavoie", estimated time 16 hours.

===

----------
|2012|
----------

This'll be an awesome year
-------------------------------------

Getting off to a great start on some really awesome pieces. I have so many things I want to cross-stitch, urgh, the year may've just started but I don't think it'll be long enough, heck, my life even if I live to a hundred wouldn't be enough for me to get all that I want to do done.

Shatterhand

One of my favorite games of all time, right up there with Castlevania, and another game that I have big plans for, going to be making a lot of cross-stitchings for this one for sure, several with Shatterhand himself in different poses, each of the bosses, most likely the satellite bots as well, maybe even all of the enemies (will see about this last one), and definitely want to make one for the big introduction punch, going to be a very long project.

Shatterhand [Ready! Go!!]

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
White, Light Blue (#813), Light Parrot Green (#907), Very Light Apricot (#967), Medium Red (#304), Light Golden Brown (#977)

Material used:
--------------
Black Aida (14ct) cut to 6"x6"

Date Progress Log:
------------------
1/7/2012 - Started this cross-stitch piece, took 2 hours to finish Steve Hermann, aka. Shatterhand. About 4 more hours spent on the rest, for a total time of 6 hours.

---

Shatterhand - Satellite Bot lift

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
White, Light Blue (#813), Light Parrot Green (#907), Very Light Apricot (#967), Medium Red (#304), Light Golden Brown (#977), Tawny (#945)

Material used:
--------------
Black Aida (14ct) cut to 4"x6"

Date Progress Log:
------------------
1/7/2012-1/8/2012 - Started and finished this one in about 4 hours time.

===

Castlevania

I started these as a commissioned project for possible trade for NES games with another member over at NintendoAge, would've been for ?? NES carts, but I wasn't really satisfied with their condition (sometimes I can be kinda picky) so I ended up turning the games down, but he offered to pay me instead, I gave him what I thought would be a fair price, and bingo, big money, big prizes! Gonna send these out to him by mid-week, can't wait til he gets them, I'm really excited, hope he loves them as much as I do. Wasn't going to show these ones off just yet, but figure what the hell, its not like its a surprise to him since I kept him updated every step of the way on my progress with pics, so here goes.

---

Dracula 2nd form

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
[Dark Peacock Blue (#806) / Medium Wedgewood (#3760)], Very Light Tawny (#3770)

Material used:
--------------
Black Aida (14ct) cut to 5"x7"

Date and Time Progress Log:
---------------------------
1/18/2012

1:00am-2:20am - got blue on body and face done

2:40am-3:15am - got white on face done, so entire head is completed

3:55am-5:20am - got blue of arms done

9:00pm-9:40pm - got the blue on his right leg done

1/19/2012

12:50am-1:55am - got blue on left outer leg done

2:30am-3:40am got 1/3rd of wing done

4:25am-5:15am got 2/3rd of wing done

5:50am-6:50am got blue on wing done, all blue completed

4:25pm-6:00pm got white of right inner arm done, white on body, and most of the left outer arm minus his hand

7:10pm-8:30pm got white of hand done and both legs, all I've left to do are his big ass toenails

8:50pm-9:20pm got left outer foot done

9:40pm-9:55pm got right inner foot done, Dracula's 2nd form complete!

total time for completion = 705 minutes (11 hours 45 minutes)

---

Dracula 1st form

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
Very Dark Salmon (#347), Med. Blue (#826), Very Light Salmon (#3713), Very Light Plum (#3608)

Material used:
--------------
Black Aida (14ct) cut to 5"x7"

1/20/2012

1:00pm-1:25pm started project with closed side of cape, middle-upper area right below pendant on Dracula's chest

2:00pm-2:30pm got red of cape on closed shoulder done

10:25pm-11:10pm - got middle area of red of cape on closed side done

1/20/2012-1/21/2012

11:45pm-12:50am - almost done with closed side of cape

1/21/2012

2:30am-3:25am - got closed side of cape done, but somehow because of how I stitched it in segments, it has a lumpy feel to the front...hmm

3:35am-4:40am - fix a few mistakes, cape not so lumpy now, used ribbing in the back to balance stitches out in front, found an error in my stitch placement near pendant, fixed, got collar and shoulder done

3:15pm-4:20pm - finished cape

8:40pm-8:55pm - got blue and pinkish colors of face done, head completed

10:45pm-11:05pm - got pink pendant done as well as exposed hand, and tiny bit of pink near bottom of cape

11:25pm-11:45pm - got red of top and middle fireballs

1/22/2012

12:15am-12:40am - got fireballs done, Dracula's 1st form complete!

total time for completion = 430 minutes (7 hours 10 minutes)

---

Death

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
Light Blue Violet (#341), Ultra Very Light Dusty Rose (#963)

Material used:
--------------

1/24/2012

1:30am-5:10am - got all violet color done below the scythe

2:05pm-2:30pm - got front shoulder done

9:20pm-9:50pm - got hood done, all violet color done!

1/24/2012-1/25/2012

11:50pm-1:25am - got all pink coloring done, Grim Reaper finished!

total time for completion = 365 minutes (6 hours 5 minutes)

---

Frank & Igor

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
Med. Blue (#826), Very Light Salmon (#3713), Very Dark Salmon (#347), Very Light Plum (#3608), [Very Dark Pewter Gray (#3799) for outline]

Material used:
--------------

1/25/2012

1:15pm-2:00pm - got all blue done of the Monster

2:40pm-3:05pm - got all peach color done on Monster

3:40pm-3:55pm - got plum color done on Hunchback's face

4:00pm-4:20pm - got reddish color on Hunchback done

5:00pm-5:40pm created a subtle outline around the Monster so his dark shape is more defined

total time for completion = 145 minutes (2 hours 25 minutes)

---

Mummy Men

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
Med. Blue (#826), Very Light Tawny (#3770)

Material used:
--------------

1/27/2012

6:30pm-7:10pm - got blue on back leg done on both mummies

7:15pm-8:45pm - finished blue on left mummy

10:20pm-11:55pm - finished blue on right mummy

1/28/2012

12:50am-2:30am - finished left mummy (ran into a problem with original color used, very light salmon, which was the same color shared with Dracula and Frankenstein Monster, but did not work with the Mummy, looked like torn muscle instead of wrappings, so had to remove it and try another color, so I changed it to very light tawny, same color used on Dracula 2nd form)

2:45am-3:05am - got left mummy's wrapping done

4:25am-5:15am - finished right mummy

total time for completion = 395 minutes (6 hours 35 minutes)

---

Queen Medusa

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
Very Dark Peacock Blue (#3765), Very Light Salmon (#3713)

Material used:
--------------

1/28/2012

9:10pm-9:55pm - got peach color on Medusa's face done

1/29/2012

2:50am-3:20am - got blue on face done

3:20am-3:45am - got snake hair on right side of head done

12:15pm-12:35pm - got snake hair on left side of head done

7:20pm-7:50pm - got all of the rest of snake hair done

1/30/2012

2:40am-3:20am - got loose snake done

total time for completion = 190 minutes (3 hours 10 minutes)

---

Big Bat

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
Very Dark Salmon (#347), Very Light Plum (#3608), [Ultra Very Light Dusty Rose (#963) for outline]

Material used:
--------------

1/30/2012

10:25pm-12:00am - got all red done on bat

1/31/2012

12:15am-12:40am - got plum color done

1:55am-3:00am - got ouline around bat done

total time for completion = 185 minutes (3 hours 5 minutes)

---

Simon Belmont

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
Very Light Mahogany (#402), Very Dark Mahogany (#300), Very Light Apricot (#967); candles: Very Dark Salmon (#347), Very Light Plum (#3608), [Very Dark Pewter Gray (#3799) for candle shadow]

Material used:
--------------

1/31/2012

3:40pm-3:55pm - got orange on belt and front leg done

2/1/2012

12:00am-12:40am - got peach and brown outline on legs done

12:45am-1:15am - got brown outline on upper body done

4:45am-5:55am - got Simon done, all I've left to do is his whip

8:35pm-9:30pm - got whip done

9:45pm-10:30pm - got candle done

total time for completion = 255 minutes (4 hours 15 minutes)

===

Shatterhand

Okay, back to my Shatterhand project.

Shatterhand - Shattering Punch

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
White, Light Blue (#813), Very Dark Salmon (#347), Very Light Apricot (#967), Very Light Mahogany (#402), Tawny (#945)

Material used:
--------------

Date Progress Log:
------------------
2/3/2012

2:40pm-2:55pm - got peach color of Shatterhand's arms and face done

3:25pm-3:45pm - got red vest done

3:50pm-4:10pm - got blue on legs done

4:15pm-4:35pm - got white on legs done, Shatterhand completed

5:25pm-6:00pm - got punch impact wave done

8:10pm-9:10pm - got orange done on enemy

9:15pm-9:35pm - got tawny color done on enemy

total time for completion = 190 minutes (3 hours 10 minutes)

===

Shatterhand - Dynamo Armor Attack

Colors used (DMC):
------------------
White, Light Blue (#813), Medium Red (#304), Very Light Mahogany (#402), Ultra Very Light Tan (#739)

Material used:
--------------

Date Progress Log:
------------------
2/3/2012-2/4/2012

11:35pm-12:45am - got blue done on armor

2/4/2012

2:05am-3:00am - got white done on armor, Dynamo armor finished

6:30pm-6:45pm and 9:30pm-9:40pm - got red on fireball done

2/5/2012

12:00am-12:40am - got orange color on fireball done

9:00pm-11:15pm got all of the tan color on fireball done

total time for completion = 325 minutes (5 hours 25 minutes)

===

So that's it. Ever since getting into the Scheherazade ones, I've been pretty much spending most of my free time cross-stitching, doing this far more than gaming. Finding doing these very rewarding, they bring me a sense of accomplishment and inner peace (when I'm not getting frustrated with tangling threads).
Last edited by Miss Clawful on Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:11 am, edited 12 times in total.

starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Miss Clawful's Cross-Stitch Projects

Post by starrley »

Uhhhhhhhhhh...... wow. Just wow! :shock:
What a portfolio! And such accurate and detailed records! Very amazing.
Great job! You're obviously quite talented. Thank you for sharing your projects with us. :good:
Welcome aboard! (Get it?) :grin: :grin: :grin:
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA

La Ptite Bete
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by La Ptite Bete »

Very impressive !!! :shock:
And very interesting notes !
Great job... and Welcome, Clawful !!
My blog
Current cross stitch projects :
None.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Welcome!
That is one hell of a post!

Very nice work, and some interesting notes. Good job. :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Squall5005
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Squall5005 »

Some great work in here =]

I like how you have logged your progress.

:nod

Miss Clawful
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Miss Clawful »

Thank you.

I am missing a few in my post. Had a Blaster Master one in progress which was from one of the intro screens of that game, most likely won't ever finish it - got bored, plus can't get the creases out which I have that same issue with the City Connection and Gun-Nac ones shown above, though I did stretch mount the Gun-Nac one, it still annoys me. I know better now, don't ever use aida that has been folded up for a long time, no amount of washing or ironing ever gets it out (not in my experience), thankfully for the My Little Pony one I started that I got aida in a roll so no issues anymore. All part of learning, my experience points went up. :)

One I did for my mom some time back, sunflowers taken from a pattern out of a cross-stitch magazine. I hate backstitching, not that its difficult, certainly much quicker than cross-stitching, but I never cared for the look.

I did a Shatterhand Dynamo Armor one before I started on the Castlevania project, which I used glow-in-the-dark floss which even though kinda cool at first, I'm not much for gimmicks and hated working with that floss, too fluffy, pain in the butt to thread. I didn't like it so redid it which is the one shown in post above.
Last edited by Miss Clawful on Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

I gotta admit, I really like that Gun-Nac one. Never heard of the game, but it looks brill.
If you iron the aida before you start stitching, it should come out. However that said, making sure there isn't a lot of pressure on the top of your folder aida when in storage helps keep the folds from being stubborn...

Miss Clawful
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Miss Clawful »

Gun-Nac is a space shooter for the NES, kind of a quirky silly one, but really fun.

Yeah, unfortunately I found out too late, was using some old pieces of aida that I got from someone else and it had been folded up for a very long time, probably years. Anyway after those crease issues no more big projects on anything unless it's rolled up, use the folded stuff for small projects. And I never store anything folded either, I did at first, but I was ignorant then.

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

I like the hermit crab ones :)
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario