Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

sonic title screen

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
matthewbeetle
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Re: sonic title screen

Post by matthewbeetle »

Hi Moirae

Wow! Thank you so much! That is superb work! Although I am fairly new to cross stitch, what is the color chart for? Are the DMC numbers at the end of the pdf not quite right then? I don't mind buying the supplies I need, but I definitely want to get the right colors before I start work!

Thanks again!
Matt

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

matthewbeetle wrote:Although I am fairly new to cross stitch, what is the color chart for?
Sometimes (well, a lot of times) the stitching programs will pick a colour that doesn't look right in real life. It might look ok on screen, but the actual thread colour may be a little off, or even way off! Likewise, you might pick a colour that looks good in real life, but the on screen colour in the program will not match at all. It's little things like this you learn to navigate when making patterns! :)

So, the colour chart is there in case you don't have a full set of threads, and you want to pick the best colour you can :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

blackmageheart wrote:
matthewbeetle wrote:Although I am fairly new to cross stitch, what is the color chart for?
Sometimes (well, a lot of times) the stitching programs will pick a colour that doesn't look right in real life. It might look ok on screen, but the actual thread colour may be a little off, or even way off! Likewise, you might pick a colour that looks good in real life, but the on screen colour in the program will not match at all. It's little things like this you learn to navigate when making patterns! :)

So, the colour chart is there in case you don't have a full set of threads, and you want to pick the best colour you can :D
Thanks for explaining blackmageheart, I was away for home for a couple days and missed the question.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

Thanks for the color chart Moirae! I've been looking for a color in between two I have in a pattern since the transition color the program chose was really bad. The chart sorting made it so easy to find a better color! Definitely saving the chart for future reference.

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

FireKraken wrote:Thanks for the color chart Moirae! I've been looking for a color in between two I have in a pattern since the transition color the program chose was really bad. The chart sorting made it so easy to find a better color! Definitely saving the chart for future reference.
Happy to help. I have all the colors except the 2013 pack and a dozen of the new ones from last year, but I still find the charts more convenient for figuring out which colors to try since I sort my threads by DMC number.

kidster
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by kidster »

I have just started a version of this

The picture attached is the one I am doing

I created it myself but kept it to its original, I made Sonic smaller not showing he's body, added a darker light to it, and I kept the year and press start button within the title as well
Attachments
sonic.png

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

How cool. Looking forward to seeing the progress.