Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Super Mario World Map WIP

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Super Mario World Map WIP

Post by yafashelli »

:yahoo: :yahoo: It's finished! Whoop whoop! :yahoo: :yahoo:
Spoiler

and the whole canvas for scale:
Spoiler
I'm so excited for the next column! I wish someone else was still working on this, so we could motivate each other.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Congrats on finishing the page!!!! And that's a nice sized project!

Hopefully someone gets back to it soon...or starts working on it!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

That is a big project! Congrats on finishing the first column! The colors look beautiful. Keep up the great work.

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

Thanks! I started on the next column already. I'm in the process of triple checking my spaces, but by the third or fourth row, I'll be comfortable knowing I counted right. :)

Also finished working on my super mario world needle minders, so that's something fun, too!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Will those needle minders make an appearance?

Have fun!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

yafashelli wrote: :yahoo: :yahoo: It's finished! Whoop whoop! :yahoo: :yahoo:
I'm so excited for the next column! I wish someone else was still working on this, so we could motivate each other.
Congrats on the column finish. It really is too bad there isn't anyone else stitching this or doing progress pics right now. It really can be good motivation. I do love this pattern myself. In 2016, I gave serious thought to stitching this one or the GoT westeros version when I saw a huge piece of blue 14 count aida on ebay for a reasonable price(and I didn't even have an ebay account back then). I bought it, but thought it was probably far too light a color and stowed the fabric away. I've just got so many projects going right now or planned, I don't know if I'll ever get around to it. I honestly think I might be hoarding it instead of cutting it up for smaller projects on the off chance I do decide to do this piece or another giant piece that needs a light blue like a sky piece or a different world map.

It's Charles Craft Blue Ridge and I just remeasured and it's around 40.5" x 62" .
The bobbins on it are DMC 3841 (Baby Blue - Pale) and 3752 (Antique Blue - Very Light)
huge piece of aida.jpg
Btw, for scale, that's my messy full size bed underneath it.
big piece of aida color.jpg
I pulled out a 20 year old world atlas and it's at least darker than the blue they use for the ocean.
Last edited by Moirae on Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

That's a really nice sized piece of aida! Hopefully you will get to use it soon!

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

Yes, I have needleminder pics! :D One is still curing, but I have two finished and doing their work.
Spoiler

No Star Trek just now...the next generation gamer is hard at work. :thumbsup:

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

Moirae wrote:
yafashelli wrote: :yahoo: :yahoo: It's finished! Whoop whoop! :yahoo: :yahoo:
Congrats on the column finish. It really is too bad there isn't anyone else stitching this or doing progress pics right now. It really can be good motivation. I do love this pattern myself. In 2016, I gave serious thought to stitching this one or the GoT westeros version when I saw a huge piece of blue 14 count aida on ebay for a reasonable price(and I didn't even have an ebay account back then). I bought it, but thought it was probably far too light a color and stowed the fabric away. I've just got so many projects going right now or planned, I don't know if I'll ever get around to it. I honestly think I might be hoarding it instead of cutting it up for smaller projects on the off chance I do decide to do this piece or another giant piece that needs a light blue like a sky piece or a different world map.

It's Charles Craft Blue Ridge and I just remeasured and it's around 40.5" x 62" .
The bobbins on it are DMC 3841 (Baby Blue - Pale) and 3752 (Antique Blue - Very Light)
huge piece of aida.jpg
Btw, for scale, that's my messy full size bed underneath it.
big piece of aida color.jpg
I pulled out a 20 year old world atlas and it's at least darker than the blue they use for the ocean.
I'm not sure on the original pattern (the colors were a bit different), but the ocean blue for Funky Monkey's version is much darker. I think it wouldn't be a deal to use it though. Try a bit of a sample, to see if you like the way it goes with the other colors.

Do check to make sure you'll have a big enough piece of fabric for it, though. As big as you *think* it is, omg, it's so much bigger. :tease: I'm loving it though. It's such a stress reliever to stitch those huge blocks of color. :)

You can always ask me questions along the way. I'm here for you!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Love those needle minders! And that looks like fun viewing for background noise! Is it hard to not get distracted...or at least hum along to the music???