Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Pokedex Tapestry

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
pokepokependants
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Pokedex Tapestry

Post by pokepokependants »

Hello all! I just found this forum from LordLibidan, and thought y'all might enjoy my current project. I'm making a full Kanto pokedex using the Gen 8 box sprites. I'm working over 1 on 32ct linen. I wish I'd looked around here before starting, using backstitching for the lettering would definitely have been easier but I'm well and committed by this point.
Attachments
20211218_090724.jpg

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Pokedex Tapestry

Post by Pyper »

That looks fantastic :) I like the full stitches and the little pokeballs for the lettering - backstitch would be easier but the xstitch gives it the nice spritey feel. 1 over 32 count must be hard on the eyes though!
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

pokepokependants
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by pokepokependants »

Thanks! It's harder on the shoulders than the eyes - I'm very nearsighted so holding it close lets me see it quite clearly.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Welcome!
This looks awesome! It reminds me of the poster I used to have up of the first 150 but it's way better :)
Please keep updating us with your progress - I'm excited to see how it turns out!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Wow...this looks SO cool!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson