Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Sharing some DQ projects

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
AerynB
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Sharing some DQ projects

Post by AerynB »

I've finished a few monsters from Dragon Quest 1 that I thought I would share. I think they look pretty good and this forum seems like a place where people would appreciate them. :)
drackies (4).jpg
dragon all.jpg
dragonlord (5).jpg
skeleton.jpg
I used sprites ripped from the mobile version and PC Stitch to make patterns and match colors.

Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Sharing some DQ projects

Post by Mishatu »

Nicely done!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

They're excellent! Thank you for sharing them with us, and hope you will share your future projects too! :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

skater43
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by skater43 »

Hey, those look really nice. :) Just finished playing through the Super Famicom version of DQ1 a couple of days ago (no, I can't read Japanese, but why let something like that stand in my way :) ), so those sprites look very familiar. Any plans to do monsters from the rest of the series?

AerynB
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by AerynB »

Yes. I like the simple designs like the golems and knights. I might continue with my Halloween theme and do the rest of the skeletons (scrapper, soldier, swordsman, dark skeleton, and sekerleton), maybe the 3 ghost monsters, and either the magicians from dq1 or dq3 (or both 😉).

I also want to do some "food" monsters for my kitchen, like the onery onion from dq6, dancing carrot, funghoul, cruelcumber, and the capsichum and paprikan from dq8. I'm really bummed that the dq8 monsters aren't technically sprites. I have to figure out how to design them myself into small enough patterns.

Oh and the slimes... I think the kings and jewels would be nice, like gem slime, platinum king jewel, darkonium slime from dq9, and slemperor from dq7. Maybe I could make it a huge pattern with various healslimes, bubble slimes, and normal slimes filling in some of the empty space.

And definitely more dragons. I want to do the jade dragon, red dragon, and rashaverak from dq4, the great dragon, black dragon, and noble dragon (from dq5 and 11), and maybe the serpent dragons from dq3.

I've got ideas for the next couple of years here! 😅

AerynB
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by AerynB »

skeleton scrapper.jpg
Pre-back stitching.

The gloves and boots look a little weird in person. Not sure I like the green-brown color PC Stitch picked for the shaded area. But it's not so bad in the picture. It started looking better when I added the black cross stitches. I hope it will look even better when I finish the back stitching.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

These look fantastic! Great job!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

AerynB
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by AerynB »

This is my current project.
ghosts magicians.png
I'm pretty proud of the design. I found an old frame with a 8.5 by 11.5 opening, but my original design was going to be 13.5 inches wide. Fortunately, I figured out how to move the monsters around and shave off 2 inches so they'd all fit in the frame. :D It won't be finished by Halloween, well... maybe... I do have 3 1/2 weekends left.

The monster sprites are from DQ I mobile but the names are from the NES version. The mobile names are okay, but I have a nostalgic connection to the old NES names. :)

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

That's going to be so fun!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

AerynB
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by AerynB »

Yeah, I think it will be. The Warlock is coming along nicely. :)