Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Power Ups of Mario

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
chouchou26e
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Power Ups of Mario

Post by chouchou26e »

omg, wow! do you still have the pattern for this because it's amazing!

Astrayl
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Astrayl »

Absolutely epic stitching! Do you have a pattern for this? I'd love to be able to make it for my fiance's birthday, he'd love it!

shonz
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by shonz »

That is brilliant! I'd also love the pattern, if you're willing to share :)

RungeKutta
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by RungeKutta »

This is really quite brilliant. Definitely a pattern I would buy (hint hint nudge nudge).

For those that are interested - this is the highest resolution of the picture it was based of that I could find.

tdm_fr
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by tdm_fr »

Hi !

(excuse my english, I'm french).

I saw this realisation on this blog : http://www.korben.info/le-memento-mario.html and I was amazing.
This is brilliant, and I'd like to do the same.
But even if the picture is in a high quality, it's hard to see point by point, and the color code is hard to find with just a picture.
So, my question is : it's possible to have the model ?

Thanks in advance

Turqoizyoshi
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Turqoizyoshi »

Wow! You even got on Technabob!
00000111011001010110010101101011011100110001111101110010011101010110110001100101
Translation: Geeks rule.

psi169
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by psi169 »

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for interest in my stitching. I made the pattern on Excel and I rednecked the colors by just picking what felt right. I'd be happy to share the Excel pattern though.

psi169
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by psi169 »

RungeKutta wrote:This is really quite brilliant. Definitely a pattern I would buy (hint hint nudge nudge).

For those that are interested - this is the highest resolution of the picture it was based of that I could find.
Yes, that is the inspiration for this picture. I was looking for some ideas for a Christmas present. I stitched this over the course of 5 weeks from winter break from college. This is the first original pattern that I have made, but I have been stitching for 15+ years.

And what does that french blog say? How BAMF this is? Excellent. Thanks everyone. I'll upload an Excel file in a minute.

psi169
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by psi169 »

So, you will notice the pattern is pretty basic. I made this Excel pattern to mostly plan out my spacing. I then printed out the "cartoon-ish" version on to 2 whole sheets of paper so that I could see the color variation in the pixels. It was checking back and forth between the two that I worked. The dashes in between the characters is just a spaceholder for the arrows.

Also, stitcher beware! I found that I changed some characters as I worked. Usually this was just a different pixel color in the actual character, so the spacing won't change at all. I fixed what I remembered, but I bet there are more. Just remember to double check with the "cartoon" version.

Also, I stitched this to put in my parents gameroom and my dad won't let me hang it because he doesn't "want any holes in the wall." Thanks, Dad, you couldn't have told me this before I started? He basically doesn't seem keen on me putting it anywhere in the house. I feel like selling it. How much could I possibly get for it? The more I walk past it sitting on the floor, the more irritated I get.
Attachments
The PowerUps of Mario.xls
Excel Pattern for PowerUps of Mario
(176 KiB) Downloaded 1091 times

Caiella
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Caiella »

I'd say you could sell it for around $100AUD+ (sorry, I speak in Australian dollars lol), because that, is just epic, and it comes framed and everything. Makes sense you wanting to sell it if it's just sitting there... :( At least you didn't give it away / sell it without taking a picture of it lol, (or making a pattern!) because that would suck if you'd made such an epic thing and then forgotten about it :P