Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Mario - Yoshis Island

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
matthewbeetle
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Mario - Yoshis Island

Post by matthewbeetle »

Hi all,

First off let me just say it is great to see the website back up and running (With shiny new graphics too!) - I can't wait to see what everyone has been up to! It's been so long!

After the success of my previous post (Shameless plug alert!) (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16446)
I thought I would share with you my latest piece completed today! It has taken me near enough a year (Same as the last one) but I'd put this one down for much longer, however with lockdown and working from home I was able to really blast through it in double quick time. Guess that says something about how much time I waste on conference calls!

Still, it was good to get back into the swing of things...and I can definitely see a Super Mario Theme! I think I'm doing the smaller pieces while I talk myself into the larger map. One day.....maybe next year.

Anyways, hope you enjoy seeing the completed piece, as always any hints or tips I can learn from are always welcome!

Stay safe

Matt
Attachments
IMG_1056.jpg
IMG_1061.jpg

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Mario - Yoshis Island

Post by blackmageheart »

Excellent job! It looks so neat and even, well done :)

What's next for you?
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Wow...it looks fantastic!!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

skater43
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by skater43 »

Very nice. :) Seen patterns for each of the parts of the SMW map and thought about doing some/all of them, but am a bit intimidated by how long they'd likely take. Done a couple of big projects, but, like you, I'm preferring to focus on smaller ones at this point, ones I can do in a couple of months maybe, rather than a year+. Maybe once I finish my various upcoming Zelda projects, I'll start in with ones from various Mario games.

matthewbeetle
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by matthewbeetle »

Thanks all! :)

Next on the cards is a rest, but next? I'm not sure. The sonic opening screen is definitely high on my list, but then so is the treasure island screen that blackmageheart very kindly produced for me....oh wow, three years ago?!? where did the time go?

All I know is that it's back to working from home again Monday and it won't be long before I get the itch again. I give it two days.

Stay safe all!

Matt

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

That turned out wonderfully and your backside is immaculate!
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

matthewbeetle wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:18 am
so is the treasure island screen that blackmageheart very kindly produced for me....oh wow, three years ago?!? where did the time go?
Dang, where DID it go? But I would love to see that screen stitched sometime! :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Moirae wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:54 pm
That turned out wonderfully and your backside is immaculate!
Such a flirt! :D