Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Octomammoth FFIV

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
ladycass
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Octomammoth FFIV

Post by ladycass »

Starting a new cross stitch project. This is Octomammoth from Final Fantasy 4. The artwork ( without the grid) was done by * Amano. The other non-grid is what Octomammoth looks like in the game. The grid image is one I spent around 8 hours editing pixel by pixel in a cross stitch image tool called PC stitch. Normally it wouldn't take so long to clean up an image but the art I was working from is ink and water color and not sharp enough to translate well but I REALLY love this drawing and wanted that style. I am so very happy with how my PC stitch image turned out.

My mother in law is printing it out for me and I will be starting on this soon. I will post progress here later. I am so excited! I have had this project on my mind for years!
Attachments
Octomammouth Cross Stitch.pdf
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 399 times
pixel octo.jpg
Octomammouth.jpg
Octo CS Photo.jpg
That which does not kill me shall regret ever having tried.

Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Octomammoth FFIV

Post by Mishatu »

It looks incredible! Nicely done!

ladycass
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by ladycass »

20200906_153433.jpg
It has begun. I have never worked on 18 count Aida and its more challenging than I anticipated.

skater43
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by skater43 »

Try 18 ct. black. :) Since I generally go from one project right into the next and don't always stick with the same count size, I can really tell the difference between 14, 16 and 18 count. You get used to working with a size as you work on a project, but after doing something in 18, it is nice to switch to easier 14 or 16.

Looking good so far. I agree that your pattern came out well and really captures the look of the painting. I'm a stitcher rather than a pattern maker, and prefer 8 bit/NES games for the simple 1:1 pixel to stitch ratio, but I appreciate those that can take more complex pictures and turn them into something for us to stitch.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I love those colors! Happy stitching!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

skater43 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:21 pm
Try 18 ct. black. :)
*laughs in evenweave/linen*

Honestly 18ct is easy once you get used to it, black too (put something light under it, that really helps - if I'm stitching on dark fabrics I usually have a white towel or cloth on my lap!) Even stitching on 22ct isn't bad. Stitching over one on 28ct and above? I went a bit cross eyed! :D :D :D

ladycass, I love your Octomammoth! I'm a VERY HUGE FF FAN so I'll be following your progress :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

ladycass
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by ladycass »

I have not been working on this consistently but am about to! Thought I would post the stitch progress.
Attachments
20230418_101126.jpg

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

It's looking great so far! So glad you updated, and hope you'll be back soon with more :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

Love the colours!
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/