Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Super Mario Bros 3 World 1 Map WIP

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
kaelemerald
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Super Mario Bros 3 World 1 Map WIP

Post by kaelemerald »

Hello all! I haven't posted here in so long... x.x

I know this one has been done a few times before, but I'm going to post it anyway. I had a question as well, if anyone happens to see this that has already stitched it, how did you go about doing the background? I'm having the hardest time figuring out how to do all three colors without having such a jumbled mess on the back. The mess is so bad that it's hard to get the needle through the holes for the third color. It's the most complicated background that I've done so far, so I'm learning. Usually they're fairly solid so I can do them a full row at a time. Thanks for any help!
Spoiler

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Super Mario Bros 3 World 1 Map WIP

Post by blackmageheart »

Looks good so far!

I haven't stitched this particular piece myself, but I hope I can offer advice anyway!
Are you doing one x at a time? That does tend to make the back messier, especially on high count cloths like evenweaves and linens. I suggest choosing a section of the pattern, for example 100x100 stitches, and fill it in one colour at a time, using the method where you stitch a row of //// and then come back the other way with \\\\ to make them into crosses - does that make sense? That will keep the back a lot neater :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...