Overwatch D.Va stitch

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Stitchmond
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Overwatch D.Va stitch

Post by Stitchmond »

I made patterns for all the Overwatch heroes, from Bastion to Zenyatta. I've only actually stitched the D.Va one. Most of these are based on various in-game sprays, but with stylistic and color changes.

Reinhardt's is a straight up rip from his spray because I couldn't work out a good pattern otherwise. All the images I got for Roadhog were too detailed, so I made one with his pig logo surrounded by his hook. Worked out pretty well. McCree's was a little too detailed so I simplified it a lot. Getting the gears right for Torbjorn was a bitch and I still don't think it looks great. I'm really happy with Mei, Symmetra, Pharrah, Zenyatta, Widowmaker, Winston, Tracer, Zarya and Reaper. Lucio's is OK. Bastion is good. Hanzo's is a little big. Junkrat is alright. I love Mercy's. Some are a little too round or angular to do a really good job with pixels.

Comments, questions, suggestions?
Attachments
XOn4wEq.jpg
XOn4wEq.jpg (74.43 KiB) Viewed 3713 times
overwatch all.jpg
overwatch all.jpg (96.1 KiB) Viewed 3713 times
stitchmond.etsy.com

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Overwatch D.Va stitch

Post by Clarington »

These look great! I can't wait to see more of them stitched. I started patterning all of the pixel art sprays but it was a horribly painful process. Plus they are absolutely huge so there was no way I was going to stitch them all. I may just have to "borrow" a couple of yours instead. :grin: I particularly love the Roadhog and Bastion ones.
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

robotcat
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Overwatch D.Va stitch

Post by robotcat »

It's very clear which logo goes to which character. These are awesome! I'm also looking forward to seeing how they look stitched up!