Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Firehawke stitches video game things!

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Firehawke stitches video game things!

Post by Firehawke »

Now that is super speedy!

Speaking of blocks...I have 2 more started. Now, before you guys go "Firehawke, are you crazy??? You already have 4 done for this year!!!", I have some more info.

First of all, the two blocks I've started aren't going to be for the 2016/2017 quilt (99% sure). The reason why I went ahead and started them is because I need portable projects for nights like tonight when I need to have something to take with me so I don't get bored (mom's monthly card making workshops at the public library start up again tonight. I help take stuff over, set up, pack up, and lug things home; she's also in the church choir and they currently practice for 45 minutes before church).

Why 2 blocks? a) they both have a lot of background featuring 1 or 2 colors and I don't want to get bored; b) they are both too cute and I couldn't decide which to do first! (side note...I currently have 6 other block patterns on my Kindle :P )

What blocks am I doing??? I found 2 ADORABLE pics from some app games on my Kindle! First up (and sorry if the pics are blurry!) is from Bee Brilliant (shout out to the BB/Tactile peeps for sending me the pic!). Who can say "NO" to a key hugging bee???

The second is from Toy Blast. The main character is called Amy and the load screen has her sitting on a swing looking upwards...it totally made me think of young Amelia in Doctor Who, so I have nicknamed this block "The Girl Who Waited"!

See what I mean!?!?!

So expect updates every once in a while, but probably not on a weekly basis at this point. The weekly updates will probably come in my other topics (stained glass Eleventh Doctor, nature pics, and cable knit blanket anyone???)
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I made progress! It turns out that choir practice moved to Wednesday nights, so I only need a portable project once a month on mom's workshop nights. Last month, I got started on my "Girl who waited" block (a.k.a. Toy Blast). Not much of an update, but I made it from one side to the other in 2 shades of green!
Spoiler
Think I may work on Bee Brilliant during this month's workshop.

And here's an update from mom!
Spoiler
More crafting goodness updates in my other topic!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15968
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I knew that when I said that my charity blocks were only going to be worked on when I need a portable project that that idea wasn't going to last long :P

Progress from this weekend's stitching on my Bee Brilliant square
Spoiler

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Someone's been a busy bee! (pun intended :P )
Spoiler

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Excellent progress!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!!!

It's been the only project I've worked on for the last 10 days or so...but I need to start working on making crocheted snowflakes for Christmas presents for the little kids I work with at church (there's like 14 kids, so it will take a bit of work, hence starting before Halloween :P )

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Another Bee update!
Spoiler
And mom's hoping to get back to hers this week!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I have BEEn busy!
Spoiler

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

So you have! It's looking bee-autiful!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

:P Thanks!!!

The bee has proper wings now! (but no pic of that until next week...we'll see how much more I get done)