Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Firehawke stitches video game things!

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Firehawke stitches video game things!

Post by Firehawke »

Just a heads up...be prepared for A LOT of update pics next time I post! Twice a year (April and October), my church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, has a worldwide conference, which I am able to stay at home and watch! That means 10ish hours of being uplifted and having my fingers flying (with no distraction of video games...which can be a problem any other time!), in addition to time stitching when Conference isn't going on...plus my Huskers playing tonight (it's a Friday night game...weird, but given what weekend it is, totally works for me!). I'm planning on taking pictures at the end of each stitching block (the Conference sessions are mostly 2 hours...Saturday night is more along the lines of 90ish minutes) and at the end of each day. I'm hoping to finish up page 1...we'll see how that goes.

For more information about General Conference, including the talks that are given (you don't have to be LDS to participate, learn, be uplifted, and feel the love God has for you!), please poke this link! https://www.lds.org/general-conference?lang=eng
And here's a video! https://youtu.be/Sgrz_pEexnY
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Conference was wonderful!!! :yahoo:

Have a lot of pics to share...first up, working on the mushroom cap (sorry...1 of them is blurry!)
20171001_172226.jpg
20171001_172207.jpg
20171001_172151.jpg
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

And then I worked on the little old guy (does any other Whovian think he looks like the War Doctor???) and more of the mushroom hut...
20171001_172045.jpg
20171001_172024.jpg
20171001_172008.jpg
20171001_170754.jpg
And with that, page 1 is done!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Got more work done!

Here's the latest pic. Truth be told, I didn't meet my goal of finishing page 3...got really close, though. Had a CTS flareup :sorry: but stitched anyways (nowhere near as much as I wanted to, but I had to do some to keep me sane!).

Also, I started a blog...more WIP pics there! Would love it if you visited!

https://firehawkegeeks.blogspot.com
Attachments
20171008_220034.jpg

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Looking great! Also sub'd to your blog ;)

EDIT: you might want to adjust your blog though - white text on dark background is very hard to read for some people and hurts eyeballs! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks! :clap: :good: :nod

Yeah...sorry about that! I'm having some issues figuring out which combo of backgrounds and text colors will work best. It doesn't help that it's easiest for me to read white text on black background. I'll see what I can do, but don't be surprised if it doesn't change....time will tell (and I have to try and find the time...my lunch breaks are all over the place this week). On a good note, based on what I saw in the email my mom got last night (she also subscribed), the text and images are sent...YouTube vids...not so much.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

It takes time to figure out all the best settings! You'll get there :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

(ummm....ummmmm....I tried to post last night...apparently I hit preview instead of submit :sorry: )

Thanks, BMH! :nod

Finally finished page 3! It was my goal for last weekend, but between the CTS flareup (which thankfully is better!) and colorful war wounds all over my hands, especially my dominant hand (1 doesn't put together 114 metal library shelves without having to pursuade the shelves 2 go onto the shelf ends...and the only means of pursuasing was my hands....without getting all sorts of bruises!), stitching has been slow going.

But, here it is...just the even pages to go!
Attachments
20171011_222502.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

First 20 rows of page 2 done!
Attachments
20171016_201443.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

What is that I spy??? It's a capybara!
Attachments
20171022_185254.jpg