Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

May 3/16 Update . Legend of Zelda LTTP giant 3ft x 3ft piece

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
AvFan4vr
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: A proud day for my giant Zelda map!!!!! - update 2/10/16

Post by AvFan4vr »

Looks amazing!

Livingdeadgirl
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Livingdeadgirl »

Belthasar wrote:It's looking fantastic! I love the panel idea to keep a big piece manageable. I've been toying with the idea of a really big project, but I'm gun shy because I don't know how to assemble the panels. What's your plan for putting them all together?
U

So I have a couple ideas but no real plan lol

Mostly i hope itll magically come together :)
First i plan to stretch each panel tightly onto some foam core and somehow secure it to reverse side with staples or something equally strong.
I hope if I can get all 4 panels tight with just the stitching showing I can then lay them together and it will appear very close to seamless

This is the plan
I don't know if it will work
But I have faith
And also when I fold back the edge of panel a and lay it on top of b for a line up... both together .... Look so good....it just has to work....right? :blush:
---livingdeadgirl---

Knitty-Kitty-Crafts
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Knitty-Kitty-Crafts »

First i plan to stretch each panel tightly onto some foam core and somehow secure it to reverse side with staples or something equally strong.
This is very similar to how it was done at Michaels in framing. We would stretch to the edges and then use some pins to push through the sides of the foam core. You could also "corset" lace the back with threading.

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SunkistShiek »

Livingdeadgirl wrote:
Belthasar wrote:It's looking fantastic! I love the panel idea to keep a big piece manageable. I've been toying with the idea of a really big project, but I'm gun shy because I don't know how to assemble the panels. What's your plan for putting them all together?
U
Mostly i hope itll magically come together :)
I really found that funny. Sometimes creativity seems to be a little bit of magic and hope for it to come together. I believe that it will. If all else fails, I'm sure you could do something like Rhaben does for her 3D dolls and her globe that she finished recently. Maybe you could ask her for some tips?
WIP
Link's Sword (4/30); SAL Sampler; Adult Size Monster Pants (knitting)
ImageImageImage

Livingdeadgirl
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Livingdeadgirl »

Thanks thanks thanks!!

First panel was a year and I'm 1/4/ Into panel b.

I expect to be done in 2-3 more years so I'mtrying to not think about framing yet lol

Have a great day!
---livingdeadgirl---

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Looks incredible! Keep it up!!
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

Livingdeadgirl
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: May 3/16 Update . Legend of Zelda LTTP giant 3ft x 3ft p

Post by Livingdeadgirl »

So it's been awhile since an update I find my updates are coming very few and far between this is probably because I'm so busy and I don't get online very often.... my apologies to those who are actually following my piece!!!

On the plus side I just got back from a week in Vegas!!! 2 weeks it in Canada with the family!!! and three weeks in Seattle house sitting while the boyfriends mom was outta town.....and I am moving houses this week! Oh and a new baby for the boyfriends sister too!!! so I should have time to really kick it and starts stitching again soon!! None the less I did pull it off the stretcher for a viewing yesterday so here's a pic for all you were following !!!
Spoiler
Spoiler
---livingdeadgirl---

DevilAngelWolf27
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by DevilAngelWolf27 »

Very nice! So glad you updated :3

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

You've been busy! SO many things going on...and another fabulous update! Good luck with everything!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson