Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Batboard's craftiness ( and saying hi)

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Batboard's craftiness ( and saying hi)

Post by Firehawke »

Bummer that you will have to wait that long! Hopefully the time passes quickly for you and hope that things are fun at the quilting shop!

Such beautiful pics!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Batboard
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Batboard »

Well, lets just make the best of what I can. Soooooooo..... I decided to get some amiibos.....I just like the little statues, i don't use them for what they are used for i guess. But I picked one up and will get enough for the awesome holder. Im glad some of the stuff I wanted was there.
Spoiler
there is a ROB the robot and duck hunt one coming out....i want them :good:

I snagged up an atari 2600 with all the goodness for 30$ :atari
Spoiler
and today got a Tandy TR-80 color and books,games,joysticks for only 20..... :yahoo: I cannot believe the luck I am all of a sudden having with my retro collection......but.....I can't seem to find a darn CRT tv. So no playing.....yet.......and i got to get some sort of center for all this stuff, might just build my own.

so I'm working on a Bionic Commando pattern, its the map screen in the game for those who have played it, as it is my Favorite NES game :NES
Spoiler
and some madding news, :banghead: I had this idea in my head for a coworker who got married. I was going to stitch the SMB blocks as the ground, stitch the castle, mario and princess, and the DH dog. As they have one dog, and some text like, your princess is in this castle. So I stitched up some blocks, having to substitute some colors...ugh...and got to work on the dog sprite. Then, as Im done with that, I start to think about the fact that the sprite has so many fricking stitches, that the dog was going to be as big as Mario and Peach...... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: soooooooo now I have to scape that and figure out what to do with this. I though about using a big sprite and making it look like they are walking him, but there isn't enough room for that as I started the pattern to far over. then I was thinking about some other stuff......ughhh......cant catch a break with this....
Spoiler

bulbasaur
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by bulbasaur »

I looove both of your current projects. The colors on the first one are awesome! I love the Duck Hunt dog one as well. Sorry to hear that it's too big for the other sprites now. If you plan on restarting, you could use this duck hunt dog sprite. It's small, and you could take the duck off easily. I love it how it is though and hope you can salvage some sort of project out of it!

Batboard
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Batboard »

Thanks, I looked all over the place for a smaller sprite, and this might work. I'll figure something out I'm sure, or I'll just continue the floor and add metal gear solid type exclamation alert marks to him and just go....eh, it's a pattern.

Got two wire shelves and hooked them together to make it bigger, center rack for TV and the other racks get there own system.
Spoiler
And more amiibos...
Spoiler

Batboard
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Batboard »

Done with the Bionic Commando Map screen, and I still have to finish the other one I started awhile ago. Plus I got some of those round and long looms and have been making a lot of stuff with them on top of crocheting a new blanket.....and the list of things to get done is piling up....

Spoiler
Spoiler

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

The map screen looks great!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Batboard
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Batboard »

Well now, its been awhile. Ive almost completed my Bionic Commando piece, but, its taking foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........
Spoiler
on well. Ive been collecting quite a few games as of late, found about 70$ worth of nes games at a undisclosed location today and got them for 20$. I mean, 2.50 for ninja gaiden, yes please. And a new flat screen and stuff. So yeah. And the guy said he has about 400-500 nes games coming in a week or two. and if he's selling NG for a few bucks, well, I can't wait to see what he gets in there.....
Spoiler
Spoiler
Only 20$!!!!
Spoiler

natepopinski
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by natepopinski »

JACKAL is such a fun Game. A friend got that one for me about 5 years ago. So fun! Those are some good finds!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Your project is looking good...and what a great find!

Batboard
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Batboard »

Thanks guys. I found a framing store that with custom fit and may my projects for me for not too bad of a price, so next paycheck I'm getting them cleaned up and framed. I have a few completed one getting dusty on my shelves. I'll snag a pic when there done.