Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Epic Pokemon pattern WIP!!

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Paige712
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Epic Pokemon pattern WIP!!

Post by Paige712 »

Hi everyone just finished another 6 day block for my pokemon stitch and I thought I'd show you all :).

Stats

Time: 135hrs
Stitches Done: 12,655/114,956
% Done: 11.01%
Date: 8.8.2016

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Love seeing your progress!

And how fun that there are others thinking of taking up this project!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Rustyamnesia
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Rustyamnesia »

I just started this masterpiece. How does everyone figure out how to start on the top/bottom? I'm so afraid of miscounting. Any tips since I've already started? Or would it just be better to continue as I'm doing?

This is about 12 hours of work. :) spread out over 3 weeks since there's work and school and no mans sky :( wish I could work on it more but alas not right now. :)

Rustyamnesia
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Rustyamnesia »

Paige712 wrote:Image
Hi everyone just finished another 6 day block for my pokemon stitch and I thought I'd show you all :).

Stats

I love how you're doing this! How do you know the percentage and stuff of how far along you are and stuff? Do you manually figure it out or do you have a fancy program that does it for you?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Rustyamnesia
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Rustyamnesia »

Paige712 wrote:Image

Stats

I love how you're doing this! How do you know the percentage and stuff of how far along you are and stuff? Do you manually figure it out or do you have a fancy program that does it for you?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Jennuh
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Jennuh »

Rustyamnesia wrote:Image

I just started this masterpiece. How does everyone figure out how to start on the top/bottom? I'm so afraid of miscounting. Any tips since I've already started? Or would it just be better to continue as I'm doing?

This is about 12 hours of work. :) spread out over 3 weeks since there's work and school and no mans sky :( wish I could work on it more but alas not right now. :)
I typically always start in a corner to avoid miscounting and I use a special embroidery pen to draw lines on my work to help with my counting and prevent mistakes. :)
Image Image Image

Rustyamnesia
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Rustyamnesia »

Jennuh wrote:

I typically always start in a corner to avoid miscounting and I use a special embroidery pen to draw lines on my work to help with my counting and prevent mistakes. :)
I was going to do that but I was worried about it not being centered in my piece of aida that I already cut

Arteth42
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Arteth42 »

I put a grid down with thread before I cut my fabric. It sucks putting it in but it's helped a lot with miscounts. I usually catch them within 2-3 stitches. As frustrating as it was to put down its been worth it in the time I don't have to spend pulling out stitches.

Good luck!
~Art

Bistou
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Bistou »

You may have not noticed it since you started from the top and middle but i started from the bottom and upon reaching squirtle it seems part of its head is the same as the background symbol, is that right?

I was thinking of changing the background color for something else but this has got me confused as i still want the right color for squirtle. What do you think?

Around it's hand and tails too, like is it the color I'm supposed to put there or bit of background showing ?

Rustyamnesia
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Rustyamnesia »

Arteth42 wrote:

I put a grid down with thread before I cut my fabric. It sucks putting it in but it's helped a lot with miscounts. I usually catch them within 2-3 stitches. As frustrating as it was to put down its been worth it in the time I don't have to spend pulling out stitches.

Good luck!
I difnt even think of that. That is trally smart. I mighy do that now even though ice started. Ive had to rip out si many stitches for miscounting by 1 sooooo frustrating