Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Pyper's Projects

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Pyper's Projects

Post by Pyper »

Over christmas I have been working on smaller projects between running around like crazy and visiting relatives, so I thought it is time I created my own thread for everything.

One thread to rule them all,
One thread to find them.
One thread to bring them all,
And in the Forum bind them.
In the Thread of Pyper, where the projects lie.

I may also have slipped back into a mild Tolkien obsession following the release of the Hobbit. Coincidentally does anyone know a good way to make fabric look aged that can then be washed once stitched? I'm thinking of a map...

But now, to the projects! Some of these are finished, and some still need to be ironed/framed/etc.

My brother is currently obsessed with Minecraft so I stitched him a set of 8 magnets, one for each of the (first world) ores. I also added obsidian to complete the set, and because you need it to get to the nether so its almost an ore anyway..
I packed them into little paper envelopes as a mini adventure type thing, where you have to find one before you can find the others. oI was pretty happy with how it turned out, and my brother loved it.

Mr Afternoon T sympathises with the buffoons. Pattern and image credit is in this thread for anyone who wants it:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6049&p=49512&hilit=afternoon#p49512

I procrastinated myself a set of Kanto gym magnets around exam time. The magnets on the back are only just big enough to hold them to the fridge, so decorative only. I'm stitching up some pokemon to go with them, using the fire red storage box sprites to keep the size in check.

And finally I am learning crochet! Over christmas mum taught me how to make granny squares, so I have decided to make a lap rug. I should be done by winter so I can curl up with it watching/playing things. I'm not sure on the colours but the wool has a slight sentimental aspect to its origins. There will be a black row around these, and then sewn together.

WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

Miss Clawful
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Pyper's Projects

Post by Miss Clawful »

Pyper wrote: Mr Afternoon T sympathises with the buffoons. Pattern and image credit is in this thread for anyone who wants it:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6049&p=49512&hilit=afternoon#p49512

Hahaha! That's great! Funny, cute and gave me a good laugh. Thank you, I needed that. :)

Scruffy
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Scruffy »

Love Mr. Afternoon T. Completely flips the expectation of Mr. T.

THe minecraft magnets are awesome. :thumbsup:

Sometimes the best gifts are handmade and unique for the person. :clap:

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Haha! Brilliant!

ps. nothing wrong with a Tolkien moment, I'm sure we all have them from time to time ;)
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

chickenstitch
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by chickenstitch »

I'm loving the minecraft magnets, they are such a good idea :-)

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

I really like the Minecraft magnets, very nicely done! And of course Mr Afternoon T...makes me laugh every time I see it :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

I have been on a crochet kick lately :)

Got a few more granny squares done for my lap rug, but running out of navy wool to edge them and the local craft shop doesn't stock that ply.
Rug 10-4-13.JPG
Rug 10-4-13.JPG (291.16 KiB) Viewed 21931 times
I would like to present my first ever amigurumi - a baneling made for my boyfriend's birthday. I'm really proud of it, even though it didn't quite end up looking like the pattern said...
Baneling Amig.jpg
Baneling Amig.jpg (117.69 KiB) Viewed 21931 times
Pattern is from http://chtitegeekette.blogspot.com.au/

qu33nofspades
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by qu33nofspades »

Bless you for your granny square dedication. Last year I tried to make an intentionally ugly blanket by granny-squaring all the mismatched, leftover yarn I had lying around in my stash, so I could clear some stuff out... got REAL sick of granny squares REAL fast.

And the Baneling is cuuute! not sure what a baneling is, but I would snuggle that for sure. glad you have what I call a "knitworthy" boyfriend... someone who appreciates handmade crafts. :3 Honestly makes birthdays and holidays much easier on a tight budget, or if they're the sort of person who's impossible to shop for...

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

Banelings are a unit in Starcraft, and as I also picked up Heart of the Swarm (most recent expansion) for his birthday I thought a baneling would go well.

The last two days have been a Day of Finishing. I have finished off, washed, blocked and ironed my way though my pile of projects lying around, and framed the ones I have frames for. Hopefully tomorrow I will finish off two which need backing rather than framing. Now I just need to work out what to do with a bunch of small ~2" projects with no particular purpose. Oh and I have also been stitching my way through the pokemon I catch in FireRed, which have magnets stuck on the back.

The pile:
For Finishing.JPG
For Finishing.JPG (276.67 KiB) Viewed 21888 times
Pokemon:
Pokemon.JPG
Pokemon.JPG (136.22 KiB) Viewed 21888 times
Framed:
Tiptoe Framed.JPG
Tiptoe Framed.JPG (163.43 KiB) Viewed 21888 times
Thankyou to peas_and_love for the original pattern
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5326
Mr T Framed.JPG
Mr T Framed.JPG (214.65 KiB) Viewed 21888 times
Though I am not sure the frame is blingy enough..
Pyro Framed.JPG
Pyro Framed.JPG (148.61 KiB) Viewed 21888 times
And my minimalist Pyro from Team Fortress 2 ( <3 Pyrovision :) )

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Lovely finishes, well done on all of them :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...