Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

LOTR Middle Earth Map

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: LOTR Middle Earth Map

Post by Firehawke »

You're making great progress!

There's just something satisfying about long term projects...so many memories and life, it's like having a quiet, always there for your, never judgemental friend always there! :)
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by carand88 »

I took a break from the map and made myself finish this (https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/evenstar-shawl) shawl that I had started a couple years back. It's taken me starting it, getting some portion through it, messing up, restarting it 3 times, and taking a solid year and a half break before finally finishing it. Since it's LOTR related, I'm posting pictures here.
Spoiler
SAM_0047.JPG
Spoiler
SAM_0050.JPG
Spoiler
SAM_0051.JPG
Spoiler
SAM_0052.JPG
Spoiler
SAM_0053.JPG
The year and a half break happened because I got caught up in details with the border. The beads were pretty intimidating. The border actually only took 2 weeks to knit up.

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by carand88 »

I also just finished another page of the map today. I wanted to post it in the previous post, but I could only attach 5 pictures.
Spoiler
SAM_0042.JPG
Spoiler
SAM_0045.JPG
It says "The Lost Realm of Arnor." The detail isn't always so clear. And I hate stitching the mountains. So many close but not close enough confetti stitches.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

You've been busy...it all looks beautiful!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

The shawl looks fantastic! It looks pretty daunting but it's really paid off.
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by carand88 »

School has been keeping me busy, so not much stitching time. It was a rough semester and I'm surprised I survived! I have a month off school now and two weeks off work, which is leaving me with time to do whatever. I just finished page 5. I'm hoping to maybe get through page 6 before school starts again. One more semester!
Spoiler
SAM_0057.JPG
Spoiler
SAM_0059.JPG

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Glad you survived the semester and that you have a well deserved break! :yahoo: The map is looking great! Hope you have a great time stitching!

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by carand88 »

I managed to get another page done before the semester started....ish. I finished it just after the semester started, so it counts, right? lol.
Spoiler
SAM_0061.JPG
Spoiler
SAM_0063.JPG

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It totally counts! Congrats on the page finish!

Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Mishatu »

Hey, finishing in 5-6 years would be a dream for the giant Pokemon I'm working on now. On the optimistic idea of stitching 1 page a month, I'm looking at around 20 years to finish >.>