Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Frog Pile

BadgerSensei
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Frog Pile

Post by BadgerSensei »

I've been working on this project for over 2 years now. I kept stopping and changing what I was working on and then I ended up moving back to the United States, where all my cross stitching things due to the lack of time to work on it went into the crawl space in boxes. Now that I have more time and want to work on it. I've gotten back to stitching again and I'm going to finish this one first before anything. Frogs are my favorite animal in the world and that's why I picked this particular piece. Hopefully I can finish a few other stitches that I've started while I was overseas.
Attachments
Session 41.jpg
Current project:
Epic Pokemon Gen 1 1/30 pages complete

Standby projects:
Ken Ro Kuen
Kinkakuji

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Frog Pile

Post by Pyper »

I love this pattern! Looks like you are nearly done with the stitching, is there much backstich?
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Love love LOVE it!!! Good luck finishing it up!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firestarterr
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Firestarterr »

It is super cute!!!!

BadgerSensei
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by BadgerSensei »

Pyper wrote:I love this pattern! Looks like you are nearly done with the stitching, is there much backstich?
Yeah there is quite a bit of backstitch. I've started the backstitch. It'll take me a bit longer since I started school again and I have a few conventions to go to, but i'm doing my best to finish it!
Attachments
session 44.jpg
Current project:

Standby projects:
Ken Ro Kuen
Kinkakuji

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

The backstitching really makes it pop! Have fun working on it and good luck with school and have fun at the conventions!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

BadgerSensei
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by BadgerSensei »

Here's the final result! It took me about 45 sessions to complete it. I have no idea how many hours. I stopped and worked on many other things in between so it shouldn't have taken over 2 years to do, but it did. I'm very pleased with the result and am ready to finish other projects I've started and neglected. I'll probably make a separate thread in general where I just post all my projects.
Spoiler
session 45.jpg
Current project:

Standby projects:
Ken Ro Kuen
Kinkakuji

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Congrats on finishing it...it looks great!

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

You did a beautiful job! I made this one for a friend and it was a lot of fun to stitch. Congratulations on the finish. :good: :good:

BadgerSensei
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by BadgerSensei »

yafashelli wrote:You did a beautiful job! I made this one for a friend and it was a lot of fun to stitch. Congratulations on the finish. :good: :good:
Thanks! It took me forever to finish. Frogs are my favorite animals, so it was natural that I gravitated to this patter. XD
Current project:

Standby projects:
Ken Ro Kuen
Kinkakuji