Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Firehawke stitches non-video game things!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Firehawke stitches non-video game things!

Post by Firehawke »

Started working on page 2 of Nativity this week!
Attachments
20180902_091747.jpg
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I'm a bit behind on updating!

Day 70 was Sunday and I pushed hard to get another row finish...
20180909_211133.jpg
And here's what it looked like last night!
20180911_210057.jpg
And a quick update on Treasure Hunt Bookshelf...spent a number of hours working on it Saturday and how much did I get done??? Not much :banghead: I learned that me and large amounts of Kreinik stitches do not get along well at all. Long story short (it was a bad day for a number of reasons), I am going to be ordering a new piece of sparkly aida from 123Stitch (hopefully tomorrow!) and starting over, using the alternate B5200 for most of the Kreinik stitches (will still use some for some things...like the shooting star). This piece of aida I had started on still has a lot of usable space, so it will get re-purposed.
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Life's been entertaining here...and by entertaining, I mean germy. :banghead: 2 days home from work...also missed Church yesterday because I wasn't well enough to take care of a room filled with toddlers. BUT...I was up to getting some crafting done!

Finished another row on Nativity (frog did visit yesterday when I started the next row)...
20180915_143953.jpg
And the new fabric for Treasure Hunt Bookshelf take 3 is in town, should be delivered tomorrow!

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

Wow. :sorry: :sorry: I've restarted a project 2000 stitches in, but I don't think I could be motivated to restart after already doing 2 pages (then again I don't have the patience for a HAED in the first place), but good luck on it.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I bet you you do have the patience for a HAED...it's just a matter of finding the right project, I think. They DO have small ones!!! Mini AND ornament size! If nothing else, it's just fun to look at their site and drool :grin:

With a project this size, restarting after 2 pages really doesn't seem like that much of a loss! Someone on the THBS group on Facebook even restarted after 8 pages! (similar problem to mine...same stitches, but they weren't using Kreinik).

Got it restarted last night!
20180918_192612.jpg
And also did a little bit more on Nativity...
20180918_195125.jpg

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

Slowly but surely coming along :) Are there any solid colourblocks/easy areas, or is it all scatterstitch?
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It is! There are some blocks that are mostly one color, with a smattering of stitches in other colors...other blocks are just a ton of colors. Enough of a mix to keep in interesting :nod A lot of similar shades at times...really like sunlight when working with those!

Here's the latest update on Nativity...
20180925_195534.jpg
AND here's the start of Treasure Hunt Bookshelf take 3!
20180925_192143.jpg
Why so little??? a)I'm working on this while finishing up the 100 days challenge, b) working in this while working on the Ubuntu CAL, and....c)I'm working on this for the first part of Stitching to Mordor!

Details on the current Stitching to Mordor can be found here!

https://firehawkegeeks.blogspot.com/201 ... t-day.html

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

Sorry to hear about the treasure hunt bookshelf. Hopefully third time is the charm. Love the sparkly fabric in your photos. Your pictures keep making me look at all of the HAED patterns I want, but I have to remind myself I have too many projects already. If only...

Keep healthy and good luck with your other projects.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!!!

There's no such thing as having too many patterns, especially HAEDs, since there are some that have been retired. Which is why I am okay with the fact that I got a new one! :P

That old injury is starting to bug me again...it's been damp and cold, and I've been frantically typing away and clicking on my mouse, and grabbing books and pushing carts around because work is super crazy. It's not as bad as it was earlier this summer, but I am going to do a little less crafting, especially the crocheting (it helps that I already know that there's no way I can get part 3 of Ubuntu done before part 4 comes out tomorrow)...so I may spend some time tonight organizing floss and kitting up my new project :grin:

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Didn't have time to post the pic of my new pattern yesterday, so here it is!
aimee_stewart-qs-anne-of-green-gablesjpg.image.400x358.jpg
aimee_stewart-qs-anne-of-green-gablesjpg.image.400x358.jpg (51.52 KiB) Viewed 18553 times
Anne of Green Gables!

Got it kitted up last night...only need 20 colors! (and probably additional skeins as I work, but I'm cool with having just 1 of each color to start off with...with the exception of some colors I knew I would need multiples of and mom was going to Walmart, which last I checked has DMC for a few cents less than Hobby Lobby)