Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Firehawke stitches non-video game things!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Firehawke stitches non-video game things!

Post by Firehawke »

Just dawned on me that I've been lumping all of my non-video game projects into one topic no matter what craft they are. Time to shake things up! :P

So, here are the updates on this weekend's stitching efforts!

I now have 400+ stitches done on Treasure Hunt Bookshelf project!
Spoiler
Added a little more color to the Eleventh Doctor stained glass project! (sorry for the streaky shadows...the blinds got in the way :P )
Spoiler
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Firehawke stitches non-video game things!

Post by blackmageheart »

Firehawke wrote:Just dawned on me that I've been lumping all of my non-video game projects into one topic no matter what craft they are. Time to shake things up!
Thanks for sorting them!

They both look awesome so far XD
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!

May have update pics next week...but maybe not in this topic :P Been in the mood lately to work on my Gryffindor double knit square (am I ever going to finish it??? Time will tell! :secret )
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

Yay for new thread in this section. :thumbsup: and man oh man, starting a HAED. :shock: Good luck on that one. Maybe if I'm still stitching in a couple of years, I'll give one a try, but I don't think I could keep my focus on a project for the minimum 2 years I would guess it would take me. For now, I can just enjoy following others. BTW what's the count on your fabric?
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!

Yup...a HAED project has a lot of stitches, so focusing on it can be a bit overwhelming. Which is why it's one of many active projects I have going on (I get bored easily :P)...and I have another one I want to start soon, too! I have all of the DMC, just need to get the aida. I'm thinking of getting the same that I am using for Treasure Hunt Bookshelf (love the sparkles!)...it's 18 count (I tried working on 25...that is SO not for me! Just wish I had known that before I got the aida for both HAED projects :P...the 25 count is going to be repurposed for who knows what at this point :P).

I got the sparkley aida from 123Stitch! http://www.123stitch.com/item/Zweigart- ... 3/123-7886

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

:D I barely resisted buying a small piece of that same opalescent aida last time I bought from 123stitch. Looks way prettier in your picture than on the site and really, who doesn't love sparkly cloth? The next week I wound up grabbing a tube of Charles Craft Stardust Aida from amazon as an add-on item. Still don't have plans for it yet, but I pulled it out to admire it one day and out fell a pattern from one of my favorite designers - Joan Elliott. Apparently it's a freebie exclusive to the gold Stardust. So, that's always an option.

As for the 25-count, I'm not sure I'd want to do such big projects on it either. My [admittedly quite bad] eyes already ache at the thought of doing the small areas of 1 over 1 on 28-count coming up on my Egyptian Sampler. :cray: I'll probably hop all over the place to avoid it or break it into a bunch of short sessions to avoid eyestrain and insanity. lol
stardust.jpg
stardust.jpg (42.84 KiB) Viewed 20490 times
Last edited by Moirae on Sun May 27, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I bet the Stardust is really pretty...and that pattern is cute!

It's hard to resist sparkley stuff :P

Good luck with those stitches!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It's Memorial Day here in the States, and that's one of the holidays I get off...I spent the long weekend stitching!

First, I finished page 1 of the Doctor Who stained glass!
Spoiler
And then, I hit the edge of page 1 of Treasure Hunt Bookshelf (80 stitches x 20 stitches, plus a few)!
Spoiler

BadgerSensei
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by BadgerSensei »

Love these! So excited to see how the doctor who one turns out, though. That show is fun.
Current project:
Epic Pokemon Gen 1 1/30 pages complete

Standby projects:
Ken Ro Kuen
Kinkakuji

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!!! I agree...it's a very fun show!

If you're interested, the pattern is from here, and there's a pattern for a Tenth Doctor stained glass, too!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14043&hilit=doctor+ ... ass#p69807