Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Moirae's Misc Stitches (FOs - December 2023)

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (House Targaryen updated 09/26/2018)

Post by Moirae »

Because I don't always post the same things across all social media: some posts from the last couple weeks regarding my Targaryen banner stitching while watching Netflix's Marvel series:

9/5 - I'm really enjoying not having to change colors (especially not after every 4 stitches). I managed to get a lot done while I rewatched season 1 of Daredevil. I am now a few episodes into the second and am going to try to continue stitching on this during the non action scenes .
______________ .______________

9/14 - Took a rest day, partly because my shoulder was a little achy, but mostly because the last few episodes of Daredevil s2 had so many dark scenes that I needed the lights off when I watched. Oh and because of the ninjas; so many dark and near-silent ninja scenes .

But the next night I started Jessica Jones. I previously watched the first episode, but it wasn't like Daredevil s1 and I wasn't in the right frame of mind for the alcoholism/PTSD, casual (and um? vigorous) sex-scenes and lots of mind-rape (and implied physical rape), but I did still want to see it, especially since I quite liked Krysten Ritter after the shortlived "Don't Trust the Bitch in Apt 23" .

This time, I knew what to expect and pushed through the slightly slower first episodes while stitching and wound up binge-watching S1 in 2 nights and, in the course of watching, managed to make a ton of progress on my #crossstitchwip . .

I can probably thank David Tennant's compelling performance as the villain for that. He set the bar so high that I started hoping mid-watch that he wouldn't be killed or permanently incapacitated/jailed because I can't imagine how the baddies of future seasons will ever measure up to his Purple Man .
______________ .______________
9/23 - I finished the 1st season of Luke Cage last week and, while I didn't think it was as good as Daredevil or Jessica Jones, it made for some good stitching time. Moved onto season 1 of Iron Fist and it is not doing it for me so far (the general premise kinda made me want to rewatch season 1 and 2 of DC universe - Arrow instead). So that's why stitching has slowed down. On the 5th episode now. We are starting to get more action and Rosario Dawson has showed up though. So, here's to hoping it gets engaging enough that I'll want to binge watch and stitch .

Today - Iron Fist has not gotten any better. I actually went a couple days without stitching before I hunkered down last night and managed 2 more episodes and got another 300 stitches done. I thought I was burning out on the stitching, but I think it's just this terrible show. lol... I only have ~650 stitches left. 4-5 hrs at most, but I might have to find something else to stitch to or it'll take a lot longer than it should for me to finish.

Clicky for big picture.
Targaryen 9-26-18.jpg
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

You'll finish that in no time!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

That banner looks amazing! You're almost done, last stretch! Where do you plan to display it?

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

I've finished!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
FireKraken wrote:That banner looks amazing! You're almost done, last stretch! Where do you plan to display it?
I'm not sure, yet. For now, I'm going to roll it up and stow it away. I'm a little tired of looking at it :cry: . I am thinking of doing the House Stark next year one when the final season comes out. So, I'm going to wait until either that one is done or I decide not to do it afterall, before planning out my display of them.

House Targaryen by LolitaMade (Etsy)

Stitch Count: 14,374 Stitches, 152x298
Thread: 6 skeins of DMC 321
Fabric: Zweigart 16 count Black Aida
(I actually measured it at 17ct, could have shrunk when I washed it or it could be a higher count than it is supposed to be)
Final size (design area only): 9x17 3/4"
Clicky for the full, uncompressed glory:
House Targaryen - Completed 9-29-2018.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (House Targaryen COMPLETED 09/30/2018 )

Post by Firehawke »

Congrats on finishing it!!! How many skeins of 321 did you end up using?
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

Fantastic! Will you frame it or use dowels to make it a banner hanging?
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

Firehawke wrote:Congrats on finishing it!!! How many skeins of 321 did you end up using?
Almost 6 full skeins. I cut them up each time I opened a new one and had half a cut length left at the end.
Pyper wrote:Fantastic! Will you frame it or use dowels to make it a banner hanging?
I'm not sure yet. I'm thinking of doing the Stark one when the new season comes out and I'm waiting until I either do that one (or decide not to after all). I have thought about hanging it on dowels if I have enough fabric border to manage it (I suppose I could also add fabric for the part that goes on the dowel... hmm). I even have a couple dowels in my closet awaiting my decision.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

That's not bad!

Good luck decided how to finish it!

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (Sailor Moon Suits COMPLETED 10/12/2018 )

Post by Moirae »

Quick stitch this week. Feels nice to get finishes 2 weeks in a row.

Sailor Moon Sailor Suits by Stitchynova on Etsy
Stitched on 14 ct Charles Craft Silver Stardust (10% metallic)
If you stitch this yourself, I would recommend a darker fabric so that the wings and light part of the suits pop more. The silver metallic really made me think of the moon and that's why I used the fabric, but I think it would fab on something darker.
1234 Stitches + Backstitch
0000 SM full.jpg
Click to see some of the shiny!
SM shiny.jpg
Close-ups
0 SM1.jpg
0 SM2.jpg
0 SM3.jpg

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (Hello Avengers Update 10/12/2018 )

Post by Moirae »

Ran out of attachment slots.. so double post.

Also finished Iron Kitty
Iron Kitty - Big.jpg
And here's the whole thing currently 3726 stitches and 3/8 kitties finished
  1. 1. Nick Furry
    2. Hulkitty
    3. Iron Kitty
and CatThor is next up for completion.
Hello Avengers Oct9.jpg