Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

daily check in

Anything goes!
Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: daily check in

Post by Clarington »

-25 C for me today. I feel like I've been housebound for way too long because of the cold. Cold was bad enough when it was just me, but there's no way I'm going to try to take my 6 month old out in this.

Curling up in a Godzilla blanket to watch movies and stitch all day does sound like heaven to me though! I'm currently working on a crocheted penguin hat, and so far it's looking adorable.
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Sounds like a good way to wait out the cold!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

rbaron
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by rbaron »

Hey, I'm glad there's a check in here :) I noticed the boards were a little quiet too.
My resolution is to post more stuff and be more active in the communities I belong to...and I found a IRL one near me to join!
Blog: http://backstagestitch.wordpress.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/Backstagestitches
Travel Blog:http://backstagetravels.wordpress.com

Current Projects:
LOTR Silhouette
Portal Blanket
RMDC wrote:May the only stains on your aida be the blood of your enemies!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

How fun!!! Enjoy!!!

It's that time of year again...time for a new semester to start at the university! We just got a new print system, so it could be interesting (at least they are keeping the old print system up for a little bit so students can quickly print their schedules and syllabi without having to set up theie new accounts first!).
A full week of work ahead for me, then a three day weekend. 40s today and tomorrow...and then another winter storm moving through...hoping for a snow day! (I'm just like a little kid like that :P)
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

mbiogirlumd
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by mbiogirlumd »

We're heading for a probable federal government shutdown this weekend in the US, so maybe I'll have a bit more time to be social next week! It would be a good way to help keep the subconscious stress levels down.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

The shutdown stuff is just mind boggling!

Had a snow day...blizzard blew in over night! Only 4-5 inches in town, I think...but when you have 50mph wind gusts, you can't see much! There was one point when they even pulled the plows off the roads!

Batboard
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Batboard »

Started a big Zelda 2 on nes pattern. The amount of repeating tiles is numbing but atleast you remember the pattern quickly. Those types of patterns are great for binge watching YouTube or shows. I also started the TMNT title screen but ran out of 701, so I set it aside and stated Zelda. Anyone wanna come over and help with these lol.....

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Yay for new projects!!! Have fun working on them...and good luck!

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

I've been spending my days crocheting baby hats and making baby food. I really don't cook so the baby food has been quite the adventure - cooking all sorts of vegetables I've never cooked before. I'm actually pretty excited about it since it's also upped the number of veggies the hubby and I are eating. Yay for being a little bit healthier!

For the hats, I'm in love with the patterns from Repeat Crafter Me. So far I've made her penguin and shark patterns, and now I'm using her base hat pattern to try to make my own pikachu one. The tiny overlord and I are going to have to start going out in the cold more often!
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Sounds like a grand adventure!!! Would love to see the tiny overlord showing off the coolest hats ever made!