Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Pokemon Go!!

Anything goes!
Ashlene
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Pokemon Go!!

Post by Ashlene »

Ok guys, who else is completely obsessed with this glorious game. Yes, it is buggy and has poor servers right now. Give it time to have more updates and I think it will be great. I just went with my husband down to a local park and lake and spent all afternoon playing. We bumped into so many other people playing, as well, which was super funny to see. All I can say is where were all of these Pokemon fans before?? It has been so much fun and is quite addicting. I was in the hospital all week and managed to catch a bunch of pokemon from my bed. Definitely helped lift my spirits. :pika
Current Projects:
  • Epic Pokemong Gen 1 - pg. 2/30
    Banjo Kazooie scene for charity quilt
    Finn Faces
    Giant Octopus Amigurumi

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Pokemon Go!!

Post by blackmageheart »

Ashlene wrote:Ok guys, who else is completely obsessed with this glorious game.
Me, and probably all gamers over 25. :)
Ashlene wrote:All I can say is where were all of these Pokemon fans before??
Indoors, playing on Game Boys and DSs! It was a really long, drawn out conspiracy...I will illustrate:
pkmn-go-just-go.jpg
pkmn-go-just-go.jpg (136.67 KiB) Viewed 6400 times
Happy hunting!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Sheepish
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheepish »

I went walking yesterday and today, really enjoying this game! I'm trying to hatch eggs, spotty GPS is the ban of my life at the moment.

Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Mishatu »

My sister alerted me of a meme going around, that Nintendo accomplished in 24 hours what Michelle Obama tried to accomplish in 8 years: getting kids outside. The terrifying fact is how true it is xD I think it's fantastic that they've only got it using the original generation, so a lot of the first Pokemon players won't feel left out. Though I've been a Pokemon fan for all the generations, I'm super pumped to see fans of the original getting back into it.

As for the game itself, I'm in love. I get to catch Pokemon while gassing up the car, and I can catch some while waiting the last couple minutes before I can clock in for work. A number of the server glitches seem to have cleared up for me, although my sister couldn't log in when we tried to walk up to church to hit the pokestop/gyms there.

CitrusOda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by CitrusOda »

I'm still waiting for it to come out here in Canada....
(Not that that hasn't stopped a lot of people that I know)
"If we see the moon as they do, then why can we not see the Earth as they do? Hm..." ~ Meowth

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

I've been enjoying playing at lunch times. Catch is the GPS location cannot deal with movement so I can walk for eggs OR hunt pokemon :pika I'm not sure why its so bad - google can tell me what room I'm in while Pokemon guesses a different city block every 3 seconds unless I'm in the same centre of the city location without moving for at least half an hour. then it just jumps around the same city block :P

Its a game with amazing promise sabotaged by server issues and lack of stable GPS processing.
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

CitrusOda wrote:I'm still waiting for it to come out here in Canada....
*Is it here yet? It is here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet?* <-- Me for the last four days.

@BMH - Your graphic actually brought tears to my eyes I giggled so much. An excellent summary.
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Clarington wrote:@BMH - Your graphic actually brought tears to my eyes I giggled so much. An excellent summary.
I was ill with laughter when I saw it on one of my FB groups!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

CitrusOda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by CitrusOda »

Clarington wrote:
CitrusOda wrote:I'm still waiting for it to come out here in Canada....
*Is it here yet? It is here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet?* <-- Me for the last four days.
I'm So Glad That It's Now Here!!!!
It's so much fun! In my town we have made a facebook group for it and we plan events where people drop lures. For example on Sunday night there was about 150 people hanging out in the field beside the museum, since there are 3 pokestops right around it so you can hit all three in the field.

I hope you are all having positive experiences as well :grin:
"If we see the moon as they do, then why can we not see the Earth as they do? Hm..." ~ Meowth

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

https://www.facebook.com/share.pokedex/ ... 196603526/ for those of you on Facebook!

Also, http://weloveshortvideos.com/post/63621 ... pedro-cruz - NSFW so if you have sound on turn it down! :D