Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Mosquitoes of Doom

Anything goes!
Firestarterr
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Mosquitoes of Doom

Post by Firestarterr »

Is that time of year again, where mosquitoes are out for blood. It has been even this worse year because we have gotten a large amount of rain. Does anyone have any good recommendations for what to use for my dog. I don't really want to spray her with Deet because she will lick it off and I really don't want to hose her off every night. Personally, I hate the Deet spray too, but it keeps those bloody sucking little buggers off. SO, any recommendations would be awesome.

jworek528
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Mosquitoes of Doom

Post by jworek528 »

Some flea and tick collars also have mosquito repellant.

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

Apparently along with the collars as jworek528 mentioned, some topical flea and tick treatments help keep mosquitoes away as well. I've read that K9 Advantix II protects against mosquitoes and that Frontline might do the same, but I'm not 100% sure if Frontline does.

If your dog hangs out outside a bit, just make sure you check around for any areas of stagnant water. If there are any puddles around your house at all, try to get rid of them because mosquitoes might breed in there. Same with if you keep a water dish out there for your dog. Just make sure to empty and replace the water frequently so they don't get in there.

I hope any of that helped.

Firestarterr
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Firestarterr »

Thanks! I will take a look at some of those collars. A huge part of our problem is that there is a large field behind our house. It flooded into a nice little pond, now that most of it has evaporated, it left some wonderful stagnant pools of water :banghead:

I tried explaining why she shouldn't be outside, but for some reason, she just won't listen hah