Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Womanly Stuff

Anything goes!
MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: Womanly Stuff

Post by MeiTow »

Well, I wouldn't worry about the time *too* much. The average cycle is 28 days. Being a week early from that is pretty much 20 days and that happens to me all the freaking time just randomly after having my daughter (as a teen I was on the mark, every third week don't plan to go swimming, kind of girl). As long as it doesn't happen every single month or something, I wouldn't worry about that too much. Sometimes circumstances beyond our control control our cycle more than we realize.

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

I'm sure you know this, but it might be worth pointing out that stressing over this might also be causing even more fluctuations. I can always tell when I'm really stressy because my period comes earlier. Yay... double whammy fun times. This is totally another reason to head in to the doc and get your mind put at ease.

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

Definitely see your Doctor. Better to have them set your mind at ease, than to have that worry on your mind. They say that stress can screw with your cycle/conception success rate as much as any pills.

That being said, my periods are highly irregular also, and I understand.

I hope you feel better soon.

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

You can try scheduling it as an annual "well woman" exam, or whatever your doctor may call them. One preventative visit a year is fully covered on most insurance.

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

I will preface this with "every woman's body is different" but my cousin was on the Depo shot for nearly three years. It took another three years for her body to regulate afterwards. However, during the "regulation" period, she was on some low hormone birth control to assist her getting back to normal because the first year off the shots was about like how you've described. Definitely talk to your doctor, sooner rather than later, and see if something like that would be best for you. I know you're trying to get pregnant, but better to make sure you are healthy and that your body is ready to handle another pregnancy. Good luck! Hope you get it sorted.