Shadow of the Colossus quilt square

video game related pattern requests...
Stardrifter
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Shadow of the Colossus quilt square

Post by Stardrifter »

Hi^^;

So, I'd love to do a Shadow of the Colossus square for next year's quilt, but I'm having real problems getting a pattern to not look -terrible- in kg chart (it's all I've got). I'm really not very good at making patterns from things that aren't sprites. I've fiddled for 2 days now and am about at wits end. You fine pattern makers have done very amazing things, and so I was wondering if someone could please take a stab at these images and see if you can get them to not look completely ridiculous. I'd at least like my husband to recognize what he's looking at when he sees it (it's his favorite game^^; ) which is far more than I can apparently accomplish, lol.

Here are the images I'd like to have
the pattern needs to be 96x96 stitches per the quilt square rules so I've tried to keep the images small. You can see larger versions of course if you need to, I can find them again with teh googles.

This one's my favorite, but if it's not do-able then there are these:

Image & Image

I'm not even sure what's possible with non-sprite video game cross stitching. This would be a first for me :o

Anyways, thanks in advance to anyone that works on this at all. It's much appreciated!

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: Shadow of the Colossus quilt square

Post by Servotron »

colossus.png
colossus.png (12.03 KiB) Viewed 3256 times
Colossus.PAT
(163.82 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Colossus.pdf
(75.47 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Here's one I put through PC Stitch 10. I wasn't too sure about it at first but it kind of looks like a stone tile. It's has 71 colours in it. Let me know if it is ok.
Image Image Image Image

Stardrifter
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: Shadow of the Colossus quilt square

Post by Stardrifter »

oh thank you servo! that looks a lot better than what I was getting. Mine came out almost a terra cotta red colour and looked so weird.

I might play around with the bottom left corner a bit (just to clean it up if that's ok) but the face I think will definitely be recognizable for what it is. I'll run it by my husband too (since this square is kind of for him in a way. 71 colors is perfectly fine =)

thanks again!