Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

New (again) To Cross Stitch

video game related pattern requests...
InstantHaiku
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

New (again) To Cross Stitch

Post by InstantHaiku »

I was hoping that some of you could post some patterns that are small and easy. Maybe even patterns I could use with left over supplies. I haven't stitched since I was younger, and now 10 years later I find myself itching to stitch again. I found this amazing forum on google. Some of the patterns I've found here are simply wild! Thanks for the help <3

P.S: I am using an iMac and have not found a program like KG-Chart for Cross Stitch, any recommendations?
Worst case scenario, I'll have to run Windows in windowed mode.

spinuntilyoufall
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: New (again) To Cross Stitch

Post by spinuntilyoufall »

Welcome back to stitching!!

For patterns, check out the Sprite Stitch Wiki, it's got a complete list of all of the patterns our users have created sorted by category.

Happy Stitching!
Current Projects:
Star Wars Stitches!
Child's Play Squares

moon_noodles
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by moon_noodles »

Welcome back to cross stitching. Yeah I went a long time without stitching because I never had the patience for it as a kid. But I recently got back into it and its wonderful.

Perhaps we could give you better recommendations if you tell us what you like. A lot of the sprites can be made really small. But they can have a lot of colors depending. Link's shield is a good starting place as well if you like LoZ.

Have you taken a look around the wiki? It has all the patterns currently on the sprite stitch forum broken down so its easier to find based on interests.
The wiki is here: http://spritestitchpatterns.wikispaces.com/

edit: spin beat me too it. :D
Current WIP:
Bleach! Bleach! Bleach! Bleach!!

Too many patterns not enough time!!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Welcome to Sprite Stitch and welcome back to stitching!

As has already been suggested, browse our wiki for patterns, there are many small / easy ones you could tackle. If you don't see anything you like I'm sure we can help there too.

InstantHaiku wrote:P.S: I am using an iMac and have not found a program like KG-Chart for Cross Stitch, any recommendations?
Worst case scenario, I'll have to run Windows in windowed mode.
One of our members, ScienceDad, is making a program for Mac called Spriter - since I'm a PC Lady I don't know how far on he is with it but from what I can tell it's shaping up really well. SD's thread for it is here - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3585.
There's also a program for Mac OS X called Stitches. And of course we are always happy to provide PDF's of any of our patterns if we can!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by kuja.girl »

I'm actually working on a bunch of (very) small patterns. :D maybe you'll find one that you like there...
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |