video game related pattern requests...
sharayah
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

LoZ Opening Screen Pattern Request

Post by sharayah »

Not the title screen, but I'd like a pattern done with this image:

http://gallery.zeldalegends.net/categor ... ning_4.png

I don't want it too big, and I'm somewhat new to pattern specific things. As for the colours, there's not too many colours in there, black, grey, green and yellow. I know it's not going to look exactly like the original image, as the original has cracks and stuff in the black, so I'm not sure how easy this one will be to change into a pattern, as it's not really pixel-based.

I thought this would look cool on the bottom of this pattern, I'm going to be doing this one soon (I have the fabric finally, and the colours are on the way) and it would be cool to have this image at the bottom to sort of have the main legend with it. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1647 If that's a dumb idea though, let me know, lol.

If someone could help me nail down a good size, that would be great, just remember I'm a newbie at this.

Thanks for helping!
Working on:
Zelda Helmeroc King

"To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward." ~Kakashi

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: LoZ Opening Screen Pattern Request

Post by Servotron »

If I remember correctly, the width of the Helmaroc King piece is 9 inches. Do you want it the same width of bigger? The bigger you want it, the more detail will be kept in the final piece.
Image Image Image Image

sharayah
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by sharayah »

9 inches should be ok for detail, right? I know it's an odd size, so if it goes to 10-11 inches that's ok too. I want detail, but I don't want it so big I can't put it on the helmaroc pattern. The fabric that I'm going to be using for the helmaroc is an aged beige fabric, so the background of the picture won't be stitched, so the pattern I'd like that just without symbols to make it easier to read.

Do you thing my size idea is ok?

As for the pattern, the black scratch marks behind Link I figured just lines would be fine instead of x's, but they don't have to be on the pattern, as I can eyeball that at the end of it. I'd like the green colour staying in the lines too instead of how it is now.

Thanks for helping me :)

EDIT:

I just realized the fabric I have is called "Country Linen by Regency", and it's 14 count. If you happen to know, will this be okay for the helmaroc piece? I've only ever stitched on Aida, so can I still use one square for one stitch? The amount of fabric I have is only 18" X 48".
Working on:
Zelda Helmeroc King

"To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward." ~Kakashi

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

opening.png
opening.png (165.21 KiB) Viewed 4636 times
This is what it looks like at 11 inches wide and with just 4 colours on 18 count aida. Let me know what you think.
Image Image Image Image

sharayah
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by sharayah »

Hmm...I'd like a bit more detail than that, at least to where I can read the Hylian. I guess I'll have to do it on a separate piece instead of putting it with the Helmeroc King. Thanks for trying anyway, but I guess I'll try and go detailed as much as I can with it now that it can be separate. I feel annoying now, I'm sorry, I don't want to be too much trouble :sorry:

But yeah, as detailed as you can, and I don't care about amount of colours really. Link and the horse look okay from what you've given, but I can't make out the castle, Ganon, or the Hylian at all. If you could make it maybe an 18 count, perhaps that would help?

Were you the creator of the Helmeroc King pattern? It's just wonderful.
Working on:
Zelda Helmeroc King

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

opening1.png
opening1.png (142.97 KiB) Viewed 4612 times
Okay, this is 16 x 4.3 inches big and has 50 colours. Let me know what you think. It's about a quarter the size of the original image.

Yep, I made the original Helmaroc pattern, it's currently on the wall above my desk.
Image Image Image Image

sharayah
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by sharayah »

Ohh, I love that! I'll give it a clean up probably, just to reduce the shades of grey and stuff, I'll probably use mainly black, but I love this! Thanks for helping me out. Do you have a picture of the finished Helmeroc Piece? I'd love to see it.

Now, this is on 18 count, correct? A PDF of this would be great if you have one. I can also take the KGchart file too.
Working on:
Zelda Helmeroc King

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

That image was actually from PC Stitch, but here is the image from KG Chart
opening.png
opening.png (33.58 KiB) Viewed 4568 times
About half the colours of the PC Stitch one, but I think most of them were taken from the background.
WW Opening.sth
(103.97 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
KG Chart file, make sure you have the 1.22 version or you won't be able to open it.
WW Opening.pdf
(339.82 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
PDF as well.

Post the new pattern once you've tidied it up!
Image Image Image Image

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

WW Opening2.png
WW Opening2.png (30.3 KiB) Viewed 4578 times
Bigger version
Image Image Image Image

sharayah
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by sharayah »

Servotron wrote: Post the new pattern once you've tidied it up!
Yep, thanks, I'll work on that now and I'll post it. It needs some serious clean up for me, I like to work simple. Thanks a lot!
Working on:
Zelda Helmeroc King