Harvest Moon Wedding Pattern Request!

video game related pattern requests...
Protokan
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Harvest Moon Wedding Pattern Request!

Post by Protokan »

Hello,

I've read the Sprite stitch forums for awhile, but never posted before. I silently carried along my with my sprite stitching (mostly mega man related :D ), but now I could use some help.

My elder sister is getting married next October, and I wanted to make her a special gift. She absolutely adores harvest moon, especially the original SNES version, so I thought I could make her a screenshot of the wedding scene in the fall, as she's getting married in October.
Spoiler
Harvest Moon Wedding.jpg
Harvest Moon Wedding.jpg (89.95 KiB) Viewed 3837 times
I tried in vain to make the pattern myself with KG Chart, but I can't quite figure out what to do. The one time it worked, the colors were so off, it was awful.

I actually do not care how big it is; it's from the SNES, so I sort of assume I could make it bigger or smaller depending on the Aida count, as it's all pixels. Mostly I'm worried about getting the colors right. The environment is all browns, but I definitely want to get the people the right color.

Thank you so much,

-Protokan

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Harvest Moon Wedding Pattern Request!

Post by Lord Libidan »

Well I had a look at the colours and put it through a few pattern makers, and you can get the colours almost perfect. Bad news is that the image quality is poor so when putting it through a pattern maker, you cant see the pixels, which means you can't really see the people. Did you take a screenshot yourself, or did you find the image online? I tried to find a cleaner image but google wasn't being nice to me...

dangergerbil
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by dangergerbil »

Lord Libidan wrote:Well I had a look at the colours and put it through a few pattern makers, and you can get the colours almost perfect. Bad news is that the image quality is poor so when putting it through a pattern maker, you cant see the pixels, which means you can't really see the people. Did you take a screenshot yourself, or did you find the image online? I tried to find a cleaner image but google wasn't being nice to me...
Unfortunatly that makes two of us, all i was getting was results where it would need a lot of cleaning up because of the artifacts in the jpeg file. (a common problem with jpeg's due to their compression) Ideally you need to use a lossless format like .bmp or .png when converting to patterns to avoid this issue.
Currently Stitching: Darth Vader on Hoth (Awaiting threads to begin stitching)
Currently Playing: The Secret World (PC) & Race Driver Grid (PC)

Protokan
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Protokan »

I did find the image online, and there really isn't many pictures of it. This was the only one I could find.

However, I just started playing it on my emulator so I could get a screenshot of the font the game uses, so I can make a message on the bottom. I guess now I'll play up to fall and try to get a better screenshot. I'll update the post when I get it.

Thank you for trying :)

Icelandic Hitman
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Icelandic Hitman »

I have made a 1:1 snes version of the image, but I trimmed it to 255x220 ( there was 4 pixel rows of garbage at the top, and the new K-G Chart had issues with it being 256 wide).

Did you want the brown hair girl as the one to be wed, or would the blonde/ginger/pinkette/bluette be better?

I put the image through KG-Chart which murdered the colours, it really seemed to hate the pinks, so I will leave the colour correctness charting in the most capable hands of Lord Libidan.
Also I changed the boy sprite to be the confetti one,if you don't want it I can change it back, there is a confetti version of the girl as well if you would like that?
1:1 snes
1:1 snes
Harvest_Wedding.png (10.92 KiB) Viewed 3717 times
Thread Tracker for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad: http://touchscreencraft.wordpress.com
Etsy items for sales and charts : http://www.etsy.com/shop/touchscreencraft
DA : http://oziphantom.deviantart.com/

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

Thanks Hitman.
In the interest of making things look fancy, I put the couple in the centre. Meant I had to cut some of the left off, but I don't think its any worse for it.
HM.png
HM.png (36.38 KiB) Viewed 3708 times
In total there are 52 colours, you ok with that Protokan?
The cross off the top of the church is missing, or did you specifically want that?

I'll leave you to select those things Hitman said he could change, and then put it through a better program.
Icelandic Hitman wrote:I put the image through KG-Chart which murdered the colours, it really seemed to hate the pinks, so I will leave the colour correctness charting in the most capable hands of Lord Libidan.
I found Science Dad's mac program "Spriter" has the best colour selection, and all the pinks look fine :D
Icelandic Hitman wrote:Ithe new K-G Chart had issues with it being 256 wide).
Do you have the new pro KG chart then? Is it any good?

Protokan
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Protokan »

Oh my! Everyone helping me out, I feel special :)

I don't mind that the cross is gone, and 52 colors is fine. However, if it's not a bother, I would like the little girl's sprite to be a confetti one as well. The brown haired bride is great, as my sister has brown hair.

Everything else is absolutely perfect, thanks everyone!

Icelandic Hitman
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Icelandic Hitman »

Ok
Confetti girl in!
The happy couple centred!
The chart Spriter for Mac'd! :cool:
Harvest moon wedding.pdf
pdf chart
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 257 times
@Protokan Your challenge 52,360 stitches 32days = 1636.25 stitches a day. Good Luck :link

@Lord Libidan No I just have the regular version, 1.22.04 which has a "refeshed" interface AKA changed all the icons for no real reason. Fixed the bug when you open a file and the colour list is off the screen you need to adjust the view size to get it to update. Apart from the crash with the 256, which may have just been the fact I had a lot open and it was having RAM troubles, but that shouldn't be an issue in a virtual memory based operating system. I think he has made tweaks to the colour reduction engine and hence the problems with the pinks.
Thread Tracker for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad: http://touchscreencraft.wordpress.com
Etsy items for sales and charts : http://www.etsy.com/shop/touchscreencraft
DA : http://oziphantom.deviantart.com/