Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Help designing a wedding pattern

video game related pattern requests...
wilky3
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Help designing a wedding pattern

Post by wilky3 »

Hi, I've cross-stitched for a few years but have never been brave enough to design my own patterns. Two of my best friends are getting married next year and I'd like to cross stitch them a card but something different from all the sloppy kits you can buy. They are into video games like mario, worms and little big planet. Any ideas wuld be much appreciated.

Thanks

Brodeuse
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Help designing a wedding pattern

Post by Brodeuse »

You may wanna do something around the "famous couples", like Mario+ Peach, Luigi+Daisy, Link+Zelda, Sonic+Whats-her-name, Pac-Man and Miss Pac-Man, etc... Or any other couple and/or combination, depending on how they look like... For my wedding we had Luigi and Daisy cake toppers for instance, since we kinda look like the characters (hair color mostly). So thinking about your friends in terms of "which VG characters do they look like?" may help you find ideas.

kuja.girl
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Help designing a wedding pattern

Post by kuja.girl »

Or you can go with a cheesy/cute saying and take it from there.
I made this for my friend's wedding, which can't fit on a card but may help generate some ideas.
| | | | | peace is but a shadow of death... | | | | | Blog: http://t3chn0crafter.wordpress.com | | | | |