Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Pokemon Logo Help

video game related pattern requests...
faroresdragn
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Pokemon Logo Help

Post by faroresdragn »

I have a partially complete pokemon logo here that i want to use as part of a big project. its really just the title screen logo i ripped from Pokemon gold.
Pokemon Logo final.jpg
Pokemon Logo final.jpg (4.21 KiB) Viewed 17785 times
The issue is that It would be alot cooler for the project if the logo had the "gotta catch em all" tagline underneath like this logo does:
images.png
images.png (12.55 KiB) Viewed 17785 times
All of the designs on this project are pixel perfect from the games, including the logo itself like I said. But that gotta catch em all graphic doesnt actually appear in any of the games, since its an anime thing.

So what Im looking for is to have the "gotta catch 'em all!" tagline added underneath the logo I have, but in a way that I end up with clean pixels, without changing the dimensions of the logo as i have it. If i try just importing the logo into KG, it will give me a bunch of shading and aliasing stitches that would make the logo look good under normal circumstances, but will really clash with the artstyle of the rest of the project. Im sure an artistic person who has done some sprite art could do this, but im not one of those people.

I have attached the KG chart file for the logo i made, and also the png of the original logo i pulled into kg. Hopefully someone can help me with this, otherwise ill just do the project without the tagline. Thanks in advance
Attachments
Pokemon Logo final.sth
(10.11 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
gold logo.png
gold logo.png (2.01 KiB) Viewed 17785 times

ovi.sergiu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Pokemon Logo Help

Post by ovi.sergiu »

Hi!
In you `Pokemon Logo final.sth` I found this:
18 ct fabric, 150x x 70 h (stitches)

So I tried something on that 18 ct fabric, with those dimensions.
Did you wanted the `Gotta catch em all` in the `Pokemon`like this?
v1.jpg
(of course, this is something rough, exported automatically by my software. You mentioned something about smooth lines and nice colors, but I am hoping you offer more details in order to help you)
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesignsByOvi
If you like my free patterns, I'll be more than grateful if you consider supporting my Etsy shop.

faroresdragn
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by faroresdragn »

wow that was quick thanks. I think that looks good but I cant really tell from the picture. is there a way you could post the KG file you made?

But yes, adding the "gotta catch em all" to the original file, like you did, was exactly what I meant. :grin:

What i mean is that the whole project is directly copied over from the game, pixel for pixel, so there is no blending or anything. it might be weird to have something with blending and shading on a project where the rest is entirely sharp and pixelated. but it may work that was just my original thought.
Last edited by faroresdragn on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

ovi.sergiu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by ovi.sergiu »

Sorry, but I do not use KG.
I use my own software.
I can provide you a PDF chart with the DMC colors used, the key symbols and thread quantity needed.
What i mean is that the whole project is directly copied over from the game, pixel for pixel, so there is no blending or anything. it might be weird to have something with blending and shading on a project where the rest is entirely sharp and pixelated. but it may work that was just my original thought.
I am not sure what do you want... could you please rephrase?
If you like my free patterns, I'll be more than grateful if you consider supporting my Etsy shop.

faroresdragn
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by faroresdragn »

The PDF would help.

the thing i am talking about is the difference between this:
Pokemon Logo 256x93.jpg
Pokemon Logo 256x93.jpg (8.07 KiB) Viewed 17769 times
and this:
pokemon soft.jpg
pokemon soft.jpg (7.78 KiB) Viewed 17769 times
the bottom one uses gradients and different colors (36 total colors on the image) to shade and blend. it makes the image softer.

the top image only uses 4 colors (two shades of blue, two shades of yellow), with no blending, the way the art was done in older video games. It makes a sharper image.

That is the best way i know how to describe it.

ovi.sergiu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by ovi.sergiu »

Let me see if I understand:
- you want the word `Pokemon` to use 4 colors (two shades of blue, two shades of yellow) like they use in video games, right?
- how about the words `gotta catch em all`?

faroresdragn
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by faroresdragn »

the gotta catch em all should use like 2 or 3 colors at most (not counting white). sorry for the confusion

ovi.sergiu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by ovi.sergiu »

I got it now but this kinda complicates things for me and unfortunately I can not help you because it is to much work and I do not have the time to do that.
Maybe someone else can help you from the forum.

faroresdragn
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by faroresdragn »

I thought that maybe it would be too much work to ask, but i wasnt sure since i had never done something like this myself. I appreciate you trying to help me out though!

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

I can take a look at this over Christmas/New Year if you still need help with it
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/