Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

WOW-Northrend

video game related pattern requests...
Lizz0784
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

WOW-Northrend

Post by Lizz0784 »

Would anyone like to tackle this for me? I want to see if anyone can turn it into a pattern better than I. :help:

I'd like it as small as it can be without losing details on the smaller words. Which for me seemed to be around 600 st in width. I'd also like it to be as few colors as possible without making it look horrible. Mostly for the border/words. See comment below.

I won't be stitching the background but instead using an antique aida/linen. I'm fine with having to use a 28 ct. I'd like to keep the border that makes it look like a page/map but the pattern makers seem to use a lot of colors for the border and words when just one color would be fine. I don't have the patience for that or the knowledge on how to do it correctly.

I got a request for the Northrend map as an antique map and this seems to be the only picture I can find close to this.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
198810-northrend.jpg

ovi.sergiu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: WOW-Northrend

Post by ovi.sergiu »

This is my first attempt:
- it has 600 stitches wide (600 stitches wide x 419 stitches vertical) meaning 544 x 380 mm meaning 21,43 inch x 14,96 inch)
- 30 colors (DMC)
- you can definitely ignore the background and not stitch it (I do not have the time to erase it)
- borders have 6 colors maximum so you can keep them;
- in my opinion, a word from the map stitched in one single color would not look that great. I think 30 colors is more than a reasonable amount. I can increase it or I can try to decrease the number of colors used in the pattern, just let me know.
198810-northrend v1.jpg
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesignsByOvi
If you like my free patterns, I'll be more than grateful if you consider supporting my Etsy shop.

Lizz0784
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Lizz0784 »

Thank you so much! This is perfect!

What software did you use? I'm trying to find one that works good without too much cleaning. 30 colors is perfect! I tried a few different things but was unable to get it down to 30 colors without the words looking blurry. The words look great on yours though!

I'm fine with ignoring the background. Thanks for the advice on the words. I'll stitch them as is instead of one color :yahoo:

Lizz0784
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Lizz0784 »

I saw in another post you use your own software! That's awesome! I doubt I'll need one anytime soon for something this detailed anyways. Thank you again for the help!

ovi.sergiu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by ovi.sergiu »

I am not sure I understood what you wrote.
Do you want the chart for the image above or not?
If yes, please let me know if you want a black and white symbol chart or colored symbols chart.
Thank you for your kind replies.
If you like my free patterns, I'll be more than grateful if you consider supporting my Etsy shop.

Lizz0784
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Lizz0784 »

Yes I would love the chart! Colored symbols would be great! Thank you!

ovi.sergiu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by ovi.sergiu »

So, here are the files.
I would like if you could post pictures while stitching.
And of course, would so much appreciate a final picture so I could add to my portfolio of finished and stitched designs.
chart:
wow northrend.pdf
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 722 times
virtual stitched picture:
wow northrend virtual.jpg
Happy stitching!

Lizz0784
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Lizz0784 »

Thank you again! I'll post pictures as I go! I'll be starting this next.