Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Large Horizon Zero Dawn Request

video game related pattern requests...
somanytypesofsoup
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Large Horizon Zero Dawn Request

Post by somanytypesofsoup »

Hi! I've been lurking around for quite awhile but this is my first time posting! I'm hoping someone can help me convert this wallpaper into a cross stitch pattern. I haven't seen many Horizon Zero Dawn patterns and would really love to stitch one

It's pretty large and I hope it could have the following specs:
Count: 18
Colors: no limit
Size: about 960 stitches width-wise

I'm totally open to adjusting the specs to make it look as awesome as possible! I got the wallpaper from here: https://twitter.com/Guerrilla/status/651459687435538432
Attachments
horizonzerodawn_01_1920x1080.jpg

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Large Horizon Zero Dawn Request

Post by blackmageheart »

Oh dang, I'm actually in the middle of a playthrough of this!

Before I make a pattern for you, can I just make sure that you actually mean 960 stitches width and it's definitely not a typo? :D

EDIT: Oh and while I'm thinking about it, do you want the game logo in the corner there?
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

I love that image! I'm also playing right now. I have been playing for 30 hours and I'm only 1/4th through the story. I like hunting down all the extras and all the side quests. I'm planning two projects right now from horizon zero dawn (machine silhouettes and the Carja glinthawk symbol). I definitely shouldn't take on a project of this size, but i know I'll add it to my pile of things to do if someone makes a pattern for it. Best of luck blackmageheart!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Ughhhhh yes I want to do so many HZD things. I was considering a banner style project, but the last banner I did took a LONG TIME (it was one of the guild icons from Oblivion)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

somanytypesofsoup
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Thank you so much for considering my request!!

So I'm honestly not sure what size would work best, I chose 960 stitches on 18 count because that's the largest size cloth I could find. I've never done huge cross stitches so I'm not sure what size would actually keep the details. I really want it to turn out as close to the original as possible, can that quality be retained with less stitches? I'm totally ok with sizing it down (definitely less work :D )

And I would like to keep the logo there! I'm thinking about backstitching it in actually to make it stand out a bit more.
It's been almost a year since I finished HZD and I really couldn't stop thinking about it. I'm so jealous that you get to experience it for the first time!! How are you liking it so far?

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

OK, so 960 stitches on 18ct would be 53.3 inches (134.6 cm) wide and I think that's kind of nuts! But, yes it can be reduced without losing too much detail! So I'm going to try a few different sizes and see what I think works best, while still being a manageable size for you to stitch!
somanytypesofsoup wrote:I'm so jealous that you get to experience it for the first time!! How are you liking it so far?
Hilariously, this is kind of my second playthrough. Maybe more like my 1.5th playthrough - I got it on release day, played about 45 hours of it and then got distracted by other things. So recently, when I decided to play again, I felt like I should restart it! I'm just now catching up to where I was, ahaha. :D
But to answer your question, I am enjoying it very much! :)

somanytypesofsoup
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Awesome!! Thank you so much!! Making it smaller will definitely make my fingers and eyes happy ^^

Gosh getting distracted is just way too normal nowadays. There's just so much play/do/stitch! I also had the same thing happen with the newest God of War. Still haven't had the time to jump back in yet and a second HZD playthrough is tempting also.

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

I watched my husband play it because I don't like shooters, but I fell in love the story. He finished it a while ago, and he kept pushing me to give it a try, but I was convinced I wouldn't be able to survive.

Then there was a kickstarter recently for a board game version of horizon zero dawn. My husband convinced me to get everything (so expensive!) and I've become obsessed with horizon zero dawn all over again. I had to play the game for myself. It's been a fun mix of seeing the story again, but so much better since I'm interacting with it. There are several times I've climbed to the tops of peaks and stared at the gorgeous scenery for several minutes, taking it all in. I am playing story mode now, which is super easy, so I'll definitely replay at a harder difficulty later.

I have to wait until 2020 for the boardgame (and hopefully the videogame sequel!), so I've been creating rules to translate the world of horizon zero dawn into a D&D 5e campaign.

somanytypesofsoup
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

I saw the promotion for the board game! The whole package looks really high quality and super detailed! I don't play many board games so I couldn't justify the cost but it looks amazing. So jealous! I'm sure it's completely worth it
Horizon was actually the first game I've ever played on the PS4. I think it's not as friendly toward new players as other games I've tried but they definitely have a play level for everyone. Plus you're totally right about the scenery drawing you in. It was too pretty to resist :D

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Just a little update - I am still working on this so please don't think I've forgotten about you! It's taking a wee bit of extra editing plus I've been busy and ill (not at the same time!) recently. So just bear with me and I'll get you a pattern sorted! :D