Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Large Horizon Zero Dawn Request

video game related pattern requests...
somanytypesofsoup
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Re: Large Horizon Zero Dawn Request

Post by somanytypesofsoup »

Thank you so much for the update!! I really really appreciate that you're even helping me in the first place :). Plus it's such a large piece. I can definitely wait! Health should always come first. :1up

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

OK! I've made...something. :D
Spoiler
HZD PR.png
HZD PR.PAT
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 554 times
HZD PR.pdf
(1.42 MiB) Downloaded 586 times
It's 480x270 but I think still keeps a reasonable amount of detail. Sadly the logo didn't make it, though! And I had to remove the (what I assume are) birds as they actually turned into weird glitchy looking lumps.
Please don't be scared by the wacky looking colours in the pattern, they should look much better in real life. Stuff always looks wrong in the programs!
And for some reason, despite HOURS of editing in Photoshop, PCStitch chose to ignore most of it and use a lot of black in the foreground (mostly on the tree to the left.) After all the time I spent lightening it and carefully working on bits! I was going to re-do it but I think the black kind of works, but of course if you'd prefer to see more actual tree then I'll go back and try to sort it out!

Let me know what you think and if you need me to work on it more, I'm happy to do so :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

somanytypesofsoup
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

OHMYLORD YOU ABSOLUTE GODDESS!!!! I LOVE IT!!

Holy crap it looks amazing!! Thank you so so SO much!It looks super clear in the PDF! Could the logo survive better in the left side with the black? If that's too much work, definitely don't trouble yourself! Man I'm blown away by how the background and tallneck and Aloy turned out! I'm so blown away with all of it actually.

Gosh I definitely owe you a meal if you've got venmo or something.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

The logo looked like a horrible mess no matter what I did! BUT...if you're planning on framing this badass, I'd consider getting a sticker of the logo or something for on top of the glass, if you get what I mean?
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

somanytypesofsoup
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

ooooh that's a much better idea!! I'll see if I could find some stickers. I think if I can finish it, it'll definitely need to be framed. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

You're very welcome. Good luck with it, it's a bit of a monster! And please come back to show me progress :D

somanytypesofsoup
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Of course!!! I've already got a Michaels shopping cart going :grin: :grin:

And no joke about the venmo thing! You've put in so much of your time. Hit me up anytime!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

somanytypesofsoup wrote:And no joke about the venmo thing! You've put in so much of your time. Hit me up anytime!
That's very kind of you, but it's really not necessary! I'm happy to have done the pattern as a fan of the game :)
(And we don't have venmo in the UK yet lol)

somanytypesofsoup
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Haha that definitely throws a wrench in my offer then. I'm sure you have more than enough floss, but if you'd ever like to partake in US floss/craft supply sales definitely let me know! I would be happy to buy and ship them to you.

I will definitely update you on my progress!

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

That is amazing BMH! I'm trying really hard to stop myself from adding this one as my next project.