Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Elder scrolls Online

video game related pattern requests...
Jatz
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Elder scrolls Online

Post by Jatz »

Hey all. Im wondering if anyone has seen any elder scrolls online patterns for crochet? Ive been playing the game for awhile now and i would like to make a few things related to the game yet i dont know that i would make. So i thought that i would come on here and see if anyone has seen any or made patterns them selfs.

I started off on oblivion and then skyrim and now ive been playing ESO almost everyday, its a little addictive lol.

I hope someone might be able to help me ive been through gogle and pinterest and can only find the viking style beanies. I would love anything really, Thinking i may have to look for cross stitch or perler style patterns and maybe make them into blankets or soemthing i would like to make a little pillow or even amiguruimi

Just thought that i would give this a go anyways,

thanks all!
MzJatz :)

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Elder scrolls Online

Post by FireKraken »

I've also looked, but haven't found any good crochet patterns for ESO. Most are based on Skyrim, hence all of the viking hats. My husband and I are also obsessed with ESO and I wanted to start doing some projects for it, so maybe these ideas will help you with your creativity.
Spoiler
Aldmeri-dominion-banner.png
DaggerfallCovenantBanner.png
DaggerfallCovenantBanner.png (41.96 KiB) Viewed 16525 times
Ebonheart-Pact-banner.png
Ebonheart-Pact-banner.png (83.15 KiB) Viewed 16525 times
I would love to do the three alliance banners! I personally want to cross stitch them, but these would probably also work as a blanket or an actual banner for crocheting. There are images for each banner that's more rectangular that might be even better for a blanket or pillow (I could find those for you if you want to do that project).

If someone could make patterns for the alliance banners, I'd be eternally grateful! I don't have any pattern software, so I need a pdf copy of the pattern. I'm working with 18ct aida and want to have the length between 12-20 inches, whatever is possible with the image and detail. I'd like to have the number of colors less than 25 for each banner to prevent confetti stitches, unless there is too much loss of detail. I don't know why two of the three banners have a dusty background, but I'll probably omit this when making the project.

Another project I would love to make is the ouroboros of the three alliances.
ouroboros.png
ouroboros.png (9.8 KiB) Viewed 16525 times
I want to do this project on 18ct black aida (my eyes will hate me :D ). The size of my fabric is limited to 15 inches, but I'm fine with a small border if need be to fit the image. Ideally it will be only two colors, but it's fine if it has less than ten colors.

Hope these ideas help you in your search of a project.

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

FireKraken wrote: Another project I would love to make is the ouroboros of the three alliances.

I want to do this project on 18ct black aida (my eyes will hate me :D ). The size of my fabric is limited to 15 inches, but I'm fine with a small border if need be to fit the image. Ideally it will be only two colors, but it's fine if it has less than ten colors.

Hope these ideas help you in your search of a project.
I'm not very good at this whole pattern making (or redrawing) thing, but I thought I'd at least give this one a shot. I had wanted to do this and a couple other game logos a few years ago before I realized how big I would have to make them. And I spent a whole lot of time on this game, probably far too much of it making armor, was even a mod in a guild called ̷C̷r̷a̷f̷t̷e̷r̷s̷ ̷U̷n̷i̷t̷e̷d̷ EDIT: Craftaholics United (I'm comically terrible at remembering names/people). I actually had just started cross stitching again at this time and would stitch during the super long loading screens and waiting for people who disconnected. lol

I made it just one color with a black background and it's around 12.5" inches on 18 ct. ~8500 stitches
Here's the preview.
ESO ouroboros preview.png
If you do stitch this, you may want to do some color testing. I looked at a few and picked this one (DMC 3012), but it may not be the best one. My very scientific way of checking if the color was good was looking at the bobbin strewn across my ESO T-shirt.
eso colors.jpg
Hopefully this helps. I'd have tried the banners, but they really are beyond my skill level to even attempt to clean up.
Attachments
ESO ouroboros.sth
(31.17 KiB) Downloaded 521 times
ESO ouroboros PDF2.pdf
(321.6 KiB) Downloaded 517 times
Last edited by Moirae on Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

Moirae you are amazing! Thank you so much! 3012 looks great, but I'll take your advice and check a few colors against the fabric to see which one I like best. I'm so excited I want to start it right now!!!

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

I took your advice Moirae and checked some colors against my fabric. 3012 was a great match to the image, but I decided I wanted it to be a little brighter to stand out more against the black fabric. I decided on 833 and started as soon as I could!
Spoiler
20180509_214529.jpg
I'm so happy with how it's turning out! I might have to put my other projects on hold for this one.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

That pops off the fabric nicely!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

FireKraken wrote:I took your advice Moirae and checked some colors against my fabric. 3012 was a great match to the image, but I decided I wanted it to be a little brighter to stand out more against the black fabric. I decided on 833 and started as soon as I could!

I'm so happy with how it's turning out! I might have to put my other projects on hold for this one.
I'm ecstatic to see you've already started and I completely understand about the color choice. I know I could have gone a shade or two darker on my own monochrome on black GoT stitch I recently started, but I wanted that "pop" too. I'm sure yours is going to look great and I hope to see more of it soon. I'd love to do one myself one day, but I've already got a 2nd GoT one in white thread on black aida lined up after I eventually finish my 1st. (It was a BOGO sale, I picked the Targaryen and Stark banners).

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

Spoiler
20180521_102633.jpg
I'm almost done with my first page! The pattern feels like it's going really fast, though that might be me challenging myself to do a section a day. I'm just starting the details of the dragon head of the ouroboros. I'm so excited to see it coming together!

Those are my two favorite banners from GoT. Your Targaryen banner is looking great! Can't wait to see the Stark direwolf! It will really pop on black aida.

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

You are coming along quickly. Small challenges like that are great for making progress. Sometimes I tell myself, "well, I know you don't feel like stitching, but just do 75-100 stitches today". It's not that much, but after a week of those days, you can still see noticeable progress. Your project looks great and I'll be patiently waiting for the first head to show up. I think it'll be the Ebonheart Pact one from where you are stitching and that was my main alliance. :thumbsup:

The Stark one is going to be awhile (but hopefully this year). I'm not letting myself get the fabric until I finish the Targaryen one first. I rotate through my WIPs to keep motivated stitching, but I'm starting to get a problem of starting too many new projects recently. lol. If only I wanted to do more of those small projects you could whip out in a few days, but no everything has to be 10k+ stitches.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It's looking fantastic!!!

And I'm all for crafting goals...yay progress, even if it's just 1 stitch a day!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson