Mario + Peach Birthday pattern

video game related pattern requests...
Addicted
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Mario + Peach Birthday pattern

Post by Addicted »

Hey everyone :)
I'm new to cross stitching and I'd like to request a pattern.

My brother and his wife are celebrating their 30th birthday this year and I'd love to stitch them a Super Mario cross stitch.
My main wish is that Mario and Peach appear in it, either standing next to each other or jumping in victory at completing a level.
The background could be like a normal Mario level (example: http://i.imgur.com/KSWrk.jpg or like the end of the level with the flagpole, whatever looks nicer to hang in your living room haha.
Above Mario and Peach should be a text in this font if possible https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... 5n8AVirkQv saying:
Congratulations! Level 30 completed!

Format should be so it can be framed in an A5 or A4 frame, I'm not picky about thread count/Aida size you just have to tell me
which one is the right one to pick for the size and how many threads out of the 6 I should use ( I hope you know what I mean, this isn't my first language) as I'm not really experienced yet. Up to 30 colors would be okay I think.

It would be great if the pattern could be posted as a pdf as I don't have any of the crossstitch programs (yet).

Thank you so much in advance if any of you take the time to do this.
I wish you all a nice day :)

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Mario + Peach Birthday pattern

Post by blackmageheart »

Couple of quick questions!

- Do you have a specific Mario game in mind for this? Eg 1, 2, 3, NES or SNES versions (as the sprites are slightly different in some cases, and the backgrounds definitely are)

- Are you happy to do a full stitched piece, or will you be using coloured fabric?

I'll be happy to help if you can just give these little details! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Addicted
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Addicted »

Hey thanks for your reply :)

The Mario I like best is the 1987 one in this pic http://gameonohio.com/wp-content/upload ... lution.jpg which I think is also the one in the first example pic I linked in my original post. So that would be the one I would prefer and I think the one my brother played mostly as a child. No idea, which number of game that is from, sorry.
I have no problem to do a fully stitched piece as I still got about 3 months left to stitch :D

Thank you :)

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Ah ok, that looks like SMB 2, which actually would have been my first choice to use sprites and backgrounds from!
Right, leave this with me and I'll get you a pattern sorted out!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Alright, I have something for you!

Preview Image:
Spoiler
SMB Level 30 Preview.png
PDF (in colour):
SMB Level 30.pdf
(140.49 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
15 colours
150 x 80 stitches
10.71" x 5.71" on 14ct aida

It won't fit in an A5 frame as it needed space for the words, but it will fit in an A4 frame - so please ensure you have enough aida to fit the frame (this will mean there's an unstitched area around the design, though.)
I recommend using 2 threads to stitch with!

I hope this is suitable for you, but please come back if you need some more help! :D

Addicted
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Addicted »

Oh wow this looks amazing! :shock: I can't wait to stitch this...
Thank you so much for your work!! :clap: