Legend of Zelda Pattern Request

video game related pattern requests...
Britt47
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Legend of Zelda Pattern Request

Post by Britt47 »

Hey everyone,
I'm thinking of doing a cross-stitch for my boyfriend's birthday, or Christmas, depending on when I get it finished by. He's a big Zelda fan and I was able to find a design on Google that I think would be really cool as a cross-stitch. I've been having a lot of trouble turning the picture into a pattern though, since it's my first time doing this; I usually just do my cross-stitch from kits. I hope one of you will be able to help me out with this.

I'm thinking of just doing it on standard 14 count aida with DMC floss. I'd lke to keep it to a maximum of 30 different colours. I would like the final design to be about 12 inches wide, and I'll obviously leave some space on either side so I can finish and frame it.

I think the picture will need a bit of cleaning up to make it look good while keeping the number of colours low, but I'm very inexperienced with this sort of thing so whatever you guys think will work :) I'm also fine with doing blended colours as well as backstitching if you think it would be appropriate.

I'd like to get this started as soon as possible but I appreciate anything you guys can do to help, so thank you very much in advance :)

-Brittany
Attachments
15d8_zelda_stained_glass_wall_decals_sword.jpg
15d8_zelda_stained_glass_wall_decals_sword.jpg (81.81 KiB) Viewed 6621 times

tiiiiii_85
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Legend of Zelda Pattern Request

Post by tiiiiii_85 »

Cool image!!
I really hope somebody can turn it into a pattern, because it looks super cool. Unfortunately my experience with patterns is awful and I cannot help. :banghead:
I am a self learner who started stitching in high school. After years of break I am finally back to cross stitching, thanks to this forum!
Going on projects:
- Wedding birds (framing phase)
- still undecided

Knittenkitten
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Knittenkitten »

Here you go. 12inches wide with 30 colors.
LOZ Stained Glass.sth
(180.31 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
LOZ Stained Glass.pdf
(1.92 MiB) Downloaded 685 times
WIPs:
LoZ:LTTP Map (page 13 of 15)
Save the Stitches Blackwork
Frederick the Literate Kit
Butterfly Scroll Kit
Rainbow Gallery's Specialty Stitch Alphabet

Britt47
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Britt47 »

That looks awesome! Thank you so much for doing that for me, and for getting it done so quickly, I was not expecting it to be quite that fast :)

Britt47
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Britt47 »

Just one thing that I noticed Knittenkitten, at the bottom of the pdf, where it lists the colours, it says "Finished Size: 26.67 cm x 50.32 cm (16 ct./inch)"
Does that mean that it's on 16 count aida instead of 14 count? It's totally cool if it is, still looks amazing, I just want to make sure I buy the right kind of fabric for it

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

I am not KnittenKitten, but Yes, the 16 ct. /inch means that it is on 16 count fabric. The difference in size of holes between 14 and 16 is not that large. It biggest difference, will be in the size of the finished piece. On 14 count, it will be a bit larger than on 16.

Britt47
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Britt47 »

Ah, alright. Thank you for clearing that up :)

Knittenkitten
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Knittenkitten »

Sorry about that. I thought that I had changed the count before I uploaded the pattern. It should come out to the size you were wanting as I did some figuring before hand to shrink the picture to get it to work.
WIPs:
LoZ:LTTP Map (page 13 of 15)
Save the Stitches Blackwork
Frederick the Literate Kit
Butterfly Scroll Kit
Rainbow Gallery's Specialty Stitch Alphabet

Britt47
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Britt47 »

No worries, thanks again for doing it so quickly

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

If you are ever wondering about the size of a piece, figure out the dimensions in stitches from the pattern, and then convert that to size on your aida. Also always tac or pin it out (count the stitches) on the fabric before you start/cut anything. Too often I have found an 18 count is more like a 16 ct in one direction and a 20 ct in the other
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/