Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Monster Hunter Zinogre icon

video game related pattern requests...
ChipsAndChipolatas
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Monster Hunter Zinogre icon

Post by ChipsAndChipolatas »

Hi, so I'm new to cross stitching. Made two little projects of tigger and daffy duck a while back and did decent on them. I'm a massive fan of Monster Hunter, and my favourite monster from the franchise is the zinogre. So I've decided to make a cross stitch of his icon. Since I'm new, links to guidelines, tutorials and the like would be appreciated.

Anyway lets get on to the icon. This is the picture I want converting:
http://40.media.tumblr.com/d478bafd9ba0 ... 1_1280.png

Now about the size, I would like it to be roughly the size of a piece of toilet paper. Weird I know but I don't have a ruler on me at the moment and that was the first thing what sprang to my mind. So yeah, a square toilet paper piece size :P

I'm pretty much down to use many different colours, but it won't be much considering that most of the colours are block. With types of threads and such, I've got nothing. Like I said I'm a newbie when it comes to this so I don't know much. I want to use a piece of cross stitching "cloth" or whatever it's called with fairly close together holes. Again, help and recommendation for a newb :3

That's pretty much it, thanks for putting up with me and I hope you all have a good day :wave:

longbored
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Re: Monster Hunter Zinogre icon

Post by longbored »

It's been nearly a year since you asked for this, but I figured I could give it a shot. I aimed for 5x5 on 18 count aida fabric. Some of the edges are a bit fuzzy, but try as I might, I couldn't find a nice sharp image (like a sprite from the game's ROM) to use. Regardless, I've attached my attempt. Maybe you'll see this reply. Maybe not.
Attachments
zinogre - C.pdf
Monster Hunter - Zinogre - Color
(229.33 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
zinogre.sth
zingogre - KG Chart
(19.33 KiB) Downloaded 252 times