Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat Request

video game related pattern requests...
AuntieMame
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat Request

Post by AuntieMame »

Hello all!

I have been stitching for awhile, but I've never made my own patterns before. I decided it couldn't be that hard, got KG-Chart and PC Stitch and when I realized there's a lot more to it than I thought, I realized it was going to take me a bit of learning and practicing to get it right. I fully intend to do so, however, there is a project I really wanted to get started on as soon as possible because it's for my boyfriend's birthday. It's already going to be late, so I'm not in a huge rush, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to make a pattern for me? I have a few images that would be awesome. I don't mind the format the pattern is in (able to open .sth, .pdf, .pat, or even an image file).

Regarding size, again, I'm not sure. Newbie around making patterns, but I don't want it to be huge. I kept running into issues when trying to create the patterns myself. I'd decrease size and increase colors used to get the best image, but it still didn't look very good. I'll need to run through some tutorials. I'll let you use your best judgement on how big it should be to still look good. Under 12 inches (largest on either side) would be ideal, though.

Regarding colors, I have a pretty big stash, so as long as it looks good, I'm not worried about how many colors will be used. These images all pretty much use blue and black, so even if you set the max to 200 colors, it's still pretty much blue and black and white.

Here are the images:
http://imgur.com/a/d7OGR

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

AuntieMame aka Missy aka Auntie

Batboard
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat Request

Post by Batboard »

I gave it a shot and this one really is the only one that came out any good, doesnt look too bad, but its a good size, about 16 1/2 by 12 1/2 I think on 18ct.....about 67000 stitches :shock: . I always recommend checking colors as I get some weird stuff from KG once in a while..... and you can also cut down on the background like on the far right, to shave off some size. But reducing the size of it, it didn't look very good, lost a lot of detail. Heck, I might even give it a go....
SUB1.pdf
(5.76 MiB) Downloaded 288 times

AuntieMame
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by AuntieMame »

Oh very nice!!! You did an amazing job! Thank you soooo much! I really appreciate it!

Batboard
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Batboard »

The program always chooses a weird green for a certain shade of black, I guess there's not a lot of choices in the DMC library, so if you find a good replacement, I would love to know.