Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

blunt melee weapon's random stitches

non video game related projects...
blunt melee weapon
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: blunt melee weapon's random stitches

Post by blunt melee weapon »

I have been gone for awhile so I have lots of stuff to share, I might need to split it into multiple posts.

First up is some bookmarks I made for the ladies in the Outlander book club I am a part of. They are thistle flowers and their initial in a silver kreinik. I did not make one for myself. I found the pattern for the flower in a book I have.
Spoiler
bookmarks.jpg
Next are some mill hill kits I made. I was a nice way to try beading for the first time. I made a second monarch for one of my mom's friends who has had a tough year and a second santa/dog as a secret santa gift. I got the monsters and the moose as christmas gifts from my family.
Spoiler
monsters.jpg
ornaments.jpg
I also made the leader of the bookclub a thistle pin. I can't remember where I found the pattern. I eyeballed the colors and it is stitched 1 over 1 on 36 count I think. Maybe 32count. It was too high of a count regardless. Never again.
Spoiler
thistle pin.jpg
A family friend had a birthday party so I made him a Patrick Starr ornament/magnet since his name is Pat and he is a fan of Spongebob.
Spoiler
Patrick!.jpg
I have to go do stuff, but I will update with the rest of my projects when I get back.

blunt melee weapon
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

I am back with the rest of my stuff.

First up is a wedding sampler I made for some friends. It was completed on time with minimal problems.
Spoiler
WedSamp.jpg
WedSamp-framed.jpg
The orange is a kreinik, it is easier to see in person. I originally had it done without the last name, but I couldn't find any frames it would fit in so I had to take out the border, add the last name and then restitch the bottom border! :banghead:
I like how the brides' hair looks like sailor moon hair and that their chests have happy faces.

Next is a panel from a justice league comic I stitched up for my uncle, with the word okay changed to uff da. My mom moved from Utah to Minnesota and my uncle loves teasing her about it. The guy in the awful fish suit is the villain Lutefisk.
Spoiler
Lutefisk.jpg
I also decided to teach myself how to crochet, so the weekend after thanksgiving I went out and bought supplies for a project. Because I am insane I chose a sweater as a first project. I got it done in about 2 weeks and it is kind of ugly, but it fits and I am proud of it.
Spoiler
sweater.jpg
Next up are three WIPS

This one is a kit I got when I first started stitching. I started it on my birthday last year and only really worked on it between classes last semester before I got so busy and I couldn't. The kit is by candamar designs and I believe it is called Courageous voyage. The fabric is folded at the halfway pooint so the large flat spot is not the edge,just the middle.
Spoiler
CV-1-31.jpg

blunt melee weapon
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Next is the discworld turtle pattern that I got on this site. My sister and I are stitching this together. We were supposed to start on my birthday but Nordic Needle was closed so we couldn't go pick out fabric. I started the above kit instead.
It is stitched 2 over 2 on 28 count Mystic by picture this plus fabrics.
Spoiler
DWT-1-31.jpg
Lastly is a present I am stitching for my friend Paige. We are both huge fans of supernatural and she doesn't know that I am making it for her. She likes Easter colors which is why it isn't black. It is kind of weird to see it in such a cheery color. I plan on turning it into a pillow when I am done. My parents and I are going to Minneapolis this weekend and I plan to work on it there (hopefully get it done this month)
Spoiler
Anti-Pos-1-31.jpg
I made the pattern myself so if anyone is interested I can post it.

When I am done with my Walking dead piece I plan on stitching the Sherlock and his violin/virtuoso pattern here, it is already to go and is kitted up.
I also made myself a lap stand out of pvc and it is working out well so far. I used this tutorial on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m3FNcRm_xQ

I will post pictures when I get the chance.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

You've been busy and everything looks wonderful!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

So much awesome! Great work :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

blunt melee weapon
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Thank you so much you guys.

Sheepish
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheepish »

Lovely fabric choice for the Discworld Turtle, looking forward to more WIPs on that! :)